1st day on the water !!! Test drive day

JasonLepore

Reaction score
Took her out for a test drive today... Then went to eat.. Then went back to take her out again ourselves.... Nice day.. A little chilly going into the wind but the way back was great... Have to get used to driving a barge type boat.. Always had v bottom boats and jet skiis but there was a little extra time in the wheel and maneuvering around... It's going to be a great summer.. Also expensive .. Just bought 14 life jackets and vests, a few ropes, and other items... Not including the other stuff we need still.. But so excited and the kids don't even know that we bought it yet.

How long do you think you can go before the kids find out?

Took her out for a test drive today... Then went to eat.. Then went back to take her out again ourselves.... Nice day.. A little chilly going into the wind but the way back was great... Have to get used to driving a barge type boat.. Always had v bottom boats and jet skiis but there was a little extra time in the wheel and maneuvering around... It's going to be a great summer.. Also expensive .. Just bought 14 life jackets and vests, a few ropes, and other items... Not including the other stuff we need still.. But so excited and the kids don't even know that we bought it yet.

Hey Jason - congratulation on finally getting the new Bennington! Your comment about "also expensive" cracked me up :) In the first six months after getting mine, I kept track and spent $1043.00 on stuff for the boat. Of course that amount included $6.00 for the "Boating Suite" iPhone app which includes an expense log allowing me to keep track on all that information, lol.

I don't want to keep track,,, then the wifey can give me the " I told you speach"... I have not had a boat in a few years.. So we have to buy everything from scratch,,, every rope, fender, dock, cleaning supply , set up at the house with electric , hoses, etc ,,, oh yeah and the boat too ,,,

But since we will be boating in a new area we have a ton of things to explore.

:)

Like the old saying goes...... Too simulate the joys of boating, simply stand in a cold shower and tear up 100 dollar bills!!!!

Good luck with your new boat. I can't wait to get out Benny out of her winter slumber and back on the water.

Todd

Back