2 things I wish Bennington would address...

jdefant

Reaction score
I bought a 24 SSRX about a year ago and the first thing I want to say is that I love it!  The most comfortable boat I have ever owned by far.  Having said that, there are two very annoying issues that I hope Bennington will address.

1.  Bennington provided two LED docking lights that are great.  However, the navigation lights that are mounted right next to the docking lights are horrible!.  The nav lights were flickering on and off (mostly off) the day the boat was delivered to me brand new.  The dealer came out and fixed them once (bulb contacts were corroded) but I have had to fix them multiple times since then.  I finally bought 2 LED nav lights from amazon and tossed the original lights.  The original lights are very odd in the way they were mounted.  Each light has three screw attaching them to the deck.  One screw is a long wood screw that goes through the deck from the top of the light and the other two attached the light from underneath.  This means you have to remove the entire light assembly (docking lights) just to clean the bulb contacts or replace the bulb.  Please...upgrade the navigation lights! 

2.  There are two flat, recessed areas on the console directly above the steering column that fill with water every time it rains.  For several days after a rain water sits in these pockets.  Odd that Bennington would not have provided a drain in these areas seeing that they both are next to cup holders that do have drains!  Would be a great addition if Bennington would add the drains!

Welcome to the forum. Give us some more info on your boat (Hull, motor etc)

As for the water on the helm....cover the boat! :D

I've also seen some pretty cool helm-only covers. Might look into that!

If I remember correctly ,  on my 2013 SLX there were drain holes on the helm ,with a clear plastic tube running through the deck 

My 2015 20 SLX also has the cup holders with the drain tube, but not where you are talking about. It would be pretty easy to drill a hold in each side, insert a drain fitting and then just tie them into the existing lines with a tee. I've had water sit in mine as well, if I got caught out in the rain. It stays covered any other time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I added drains to mine with sleeve stiffeners from compression fittings for flexible water lines. Search the Gallery for image titled Benny Drain Holes

I did the exact same thing on my boat.  I put a hose from each of the drain holes I drilled, then connected them to a T-connector that connects into the original drain tube from one of the cup holders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back