20' SLG Tri-Toon Prop

Hunterman

Reaction score
Anyone out there have a 20' tri-toon with a 115 yamaha? Looking for advice on prop size. This is a new boat and I have not taken delivery on it yet. I had a pontoon prior to this boat and ran a 4 blade prop on 90hp merc. Any advice would be greatly appeciated. Thanks

I have same size boat and motor... my dealer said this is best prop for the configuration... I was going to put a stainless prop but was told unnecessary and waste of money.

What kind of speed are you getting at WOT?

With two people 34... I have Tritoon sps with lifting strakes.
That is excellent performance! What RPM gives you 34 MPH? Our pontoon is very different from yours and our experience with basic aluminum Yamaha props is very different too...way high slippage. Anyway I noticed props with the same basic part number at very different prices...wonder if there is some important tweak to the one you listed? Example below:

https://www.amazon.com/Marine-Alumi...4fb68&pd_rd_wg=0lYmK&pd_rd_i=B085WKFFKF&psc=1

Big tip... my dealer had to adjust the engine mount height to get it just right after two test rides. I haven't been on the lake since October... but 5800-5900 rpm comes to mind. I normally cruise at 20 due to wife/girls complaining about wind on their hair... but 30+ helps when you need to get back for wx.

regarding props... I’ve been told by many different dealers that jumping to a stainless doesn’t really improve performance until you get to a 150HP+ motor. I’m not sure why price is different... the prop I listed is OEM and what was recommend when I chewed up my original on a piece of wood.

Thanks for the response.

Back