2006 2275RL w/ Yamaha F115

kinzuakid

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on updating prop to get more speed. Currently has 3-blade 13.5x15 K prop. Getting maybe 20-21 at WOT w/ 2 adults aboard. Should I decrease the pitch and/or look to go with a 4-blade prop? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

What are the rpm's at WOT?

Next question HP and manufacturer of motor?

Your RPM should be 5800-6000 go to a 13 from a 15 pitch that may help a lot. Best of luck

Well....how serious are you about better performance? If you are willing to do a bit of research rather than grasping at straws, I strongly recommend you use the link below to find data from about the best source possible...Yamaha! There should be no problem finding a setup similar to yours with very good test data.

Do the slip calculations using the link below to get some idea if your current prop is hooking as it should. That will be a good tell if maybe you should be considering a different design.

Might as well have some fun rather than just throw money at the issue and hope for the best.........

5,100-5,200 range
IF you motor has 2.15 gears (as is the normal ratio listed for a 2006 F115) and using the data you provided, your calculated slip is ~39%. That is roughly equal to how bad a standard aluminum "K" 3-blade performs on our pontoon too and was the reason I switched to a Nemesis (twin to the Merc Spitfire pontoon). Your problem is that you want to boost RPM AND go to a prop design with half as much slip (or less...something in the 10-15% range is reasonable). The 13p Nemesis Pontoon (aluminum 4-blade) that we use would certainly be a better match, but it might not increase WOT RPM much because the calculated slip will likely be around 15% or less. Going to an 11p Nemesis pontoon MIGHT press the top of the desired RPM range with light weights, should work well at heavier weights.

If you would rather not switch to a Merc/Quicksilver prop. I think Yamaha has a pontoon rated 3-blade aluminum prop that should match the performance of the Nemesis (some version of the Talon?). Be sure to drop the pitch as recommended with those...You'll likely need an 11 or 12P there too. Also I'd suggest that any SS prop just isn't worth the money on boats like ours....although Yamaha does make a fine pontoon rated SS prop. Happy hunting.

Back