2008 Bennington 2575RL - Concerns or things to look for

mikepeek

Reaction score
Heading to lake tomorrow with plans to purchase a 2008 Bennington 2575RL. Have owned boats since I was 15 (now 54) but this is my first Bennington and first Tri-toon. Boat comes with a 225HP Honda.

LOVE feedback from this awesome group on this boat (good, bad, ugly, concerns, things they love) and things I should check out before purchasing. They are pulling the hours today but I believe are around 400.

HUGE thanks in advance!

Mike

If you can get it on a trailer , listen for water in the toons

Benningtons are well constructed so if it’s been taken care of, I doubt there will be much to be concerned with. Ask for maintenance records and give her a sea trial. 400 hours is pretty low, at least in my book. Good luck and post some pictures if you bring her home!

Check the condition of the pontoons for any damage or dents. Ask if all gauges/stereo/speakers/other electronics are operational. Go over the upholstery for it's condition and see if there are any holes/rips. (You can tell if the boat was covered or not.) Check under the seats. Check condition of Bimini canvas and mooring cover. Like Michiman said give it a good sea trial!

Back