2010 2250GCW and Lowrance HDS12

cobaltboatfan

Reaction score
Have any of you folks attempted to mount an HDS12 on your console or in the immediate vicinity? I can get a Gen 2 unit for next to nothing through my work but I'm a bit concerned with a potential mounting location. Any ideas or thoughts are welcome. Thanks!

Sorry. Not sure why I originally titled the post "Humminbird HDS12" instead of "Lowrance".

Last edited:
Have any of you folks attempted to mount an HDS12 on your console or in the immediate vicinity? I can get a Gen 2 unit for next to nothing through my work but I'm a bit concerned with a potential mounting location. Any ideas or thoughts are welcome. Thanks!

Sorry. Not sure why I originally titled the post "Humminbird HDS12" instead of "Lowrance".[/QUOTE

Hi Cobalt, I have the Lowrance HDS 7 and struggled with where to mount it on or near the console. I have a 2017 20sx cruise and fish model so I have a rear corner that had a cup holder opening that I used to mount the HDS 7. That made for very easy mounting and installation. I then use the wireless remote control feature to connect to it with either my Ipad or Android Phone. These devices are much lighter and I just set them in the area in front of the gauges. I could permanently mount them and use a much lighter duty mount then would be required for the HDS 12. The HDS series also has wired networking Nmea 2000 and can be used as a MFD (Multi-function Display) and give you engine data also so you could flush mount it in the dash and replace your gauges. Unless you already have digital display. For the Mercury engine that I have it was not cost effective as it required to many extras to implement but I think for the Yamaha engine the cost is not as much. Just Google "Lowrance HDS 12 Nmea 2000 and Yamaha" . The wireless remote control method works great for me and was easy and also allowed for anyone else on board to connect to the HDS and see what was being displayed. Hopes this helps.

Back