2010 Bennington 2075GS

RickEE

Reaction score
Our lake is dry, I can't launch the boat and trailer runners are dry rotting. I want to lift the boat about six inches to replace the runners. What cleats can I hook onto and which cleats are off limits. Especially in the front. Can I hook to the eyelets on the pontoons?

I don’t actually know, but I’m pretty sure none of the cleats or eyelet are strong enough. You probably have to lift the boat up using the crossmembers.

Doesn't the dealer/marina use those eyelets to lift it/ move the boats around when they deliver them?!?

Doesn't the dealer/marina use those eyelets to lift it/ move the boats around when they deliver them?!?
Good question. My dealer has a big gantry lift but most dealers do not so what do they do. I doubt they use those hardy looking eyelets because they are welded to thin gauge sheet aluminum.

My dealer has a lift amd runs a pair of straps down the length of the boat between the toons.
If your boat is a tritoon, you should be able to lower one set of runners at a time to remove and recover them.

Back