2011 2275rli problems

ggiedd

Reaction score
We just bought a used bennington 2011 2275 rli. It has the mercury 115 on it (I'm not sure of the exact model. just got it today) It has 50 hrs on the motor. We did test drive the boat and everything seemed to be working. This is our first boat. I'm sure we didnt do our due diligence on getting it checked out.
Issues we found after we had it delivered this afternoon:
1. Water under the seat in the back. When we lift the seat cover, there is about an inch of water in there. No clue where it is coming from. All the other storage compartments under the other seats are nice and dry. I bought a pump this afternoon to clear the water and see if it gets more. Any ideas? Could it be related to #2? Its right behind it.
2. We drove it today without the table installed and noticed the carpet had gotten damp around the pedestal hole. It was dry inside.
3. Running wot I have to have the trim all the way down to get it to smooth out. When they were putting it in the water today I noticed stainless steel prop but unsure what kind or size it is. max speed is 23mph at 6000rpm. 3 people on board.
4. boat runs to the right instead of straight on. Is this normal? How do you align the toons. lol
Pretty sure the boat was stored stacked as the pontoons appear to have forklift dents at the ends.
The toons are the elliptical ones 30"

Overall I still think we got a good deal since it is pretty clean. $20K
Thoughts?
Thanks

Congrats on your boat. Take your time getting to know the boat and its use. They’re lots of great people here in the club that will offer great and useful advise. Sounds like you got a good deal too. Enjoy!

Congrats on new boat but pics or it ain’t true. :p

Water in seat, check drain hole or drill one (or more) in corners at lowest point making sure bottom edge of hole is same level as floor bottom.

Wet table base issue, go underneath and seal hole around table mount hole. It’s splashing up into that area. Common issue over the years.

Alignment/driving to right issue, check the tab on the motor (if there is one) and adjust and or check the keg for damage/bend. There may be a small tab to help with torque steer. They are more hands on than a car. Any small waves in water will create turning/pulling effect.

Thanks for the info. I pumped out the seat and got most of the water out. It seemed to have soap in it so maybe they just didnt finish the job when they cleaned it up for sale. I will keep an eye on it and check for drain holes. Good to know on table sealing. I will get that done. Second day of boating and the alignment didnt seem to happen so maybe it was just a fluke or weight distribution. But at least I know what to check now.

With just me and my wife it got up to 29 mph @6000 rpm after I trimmed up some. I'm happy :)

The biggest pain is fueling. lol the first gas can I bought and filled up, had some kind of flow nozzle you had to push in to open the flow. Well that doesnt work, not enough space to push it in. I went out last night to buy a new extended nozzle and another gas can. Hopefully that will work better.

Here's your pic :)

Attachments

• 448319166_10233341194616415_5044496188912962845_n.jpg
    448319166_10233341194616415_5044496188912962845_n.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 18
Get a Super Siphon,( for gas) low cost and available on amazon.com. You can do a search in the upper right corner .

Congratulations on your new to you boat. I hope you have some great times on the water as you get it all figured out this summer.

I know I pay a lot extra for it, but a key requirement for me when we were looking at lake houses/cottages was the lake had to have a marina. With me not getting any younger, I wanted to insure “pull up refueling”. Now, when they give me the total, I often question my convenience, but then I’m off on the water again and let that concern drift away in the waves.

Enjoy your summer on the water!!!

Thanks for the info. I pumped out the seat and got most of the water out. It seemed to have soap in it so maybe they just didnt finish the job when they cleaned it up for sale. I will keep an eye on it and check for drain holes. Good to know on table sealing. I will get that done. Second day of boating and the alignment didnt seem to happen so maybe it was just a fluke or weight distribution. But at least I know what to check now.

With just me and my wife it got up to 29 mph @6000 rpm after I trimmed up some. I'm happy :)

The biggest pain is fueling. lol the first gas can I bought and filled up, had some kind of flow nozzle you had to push in to open the flow. Well that doesnt work, not enough space to push it in. I went out last night to buy a new extended nozzle and another gas can. Hopefully that will work better.

Here's your pic :)
She’s a beauty! Welcome to the club…

Congrats on the boat! In regards to the floor getting wet from underneath..... You must not have underskinning. The water is hitting the cross members while you are underway and the plywood is getting wet and the water is soaking through somehow. Enjoy your summer!!!

Back