2011 2574 GCW Pontoon Question

Jeffrond

Reaction score
I took the Benninngton out of the water for the year today. We heard water slosh in the port pontoon. It does sound like quite a bit. Are those segmented/divided internally? What does eveyone suggest to get the water out? Take the plastic plugs out and try to suck it out? Drill holes? Flip pontoon over? Other?

You can contact Bennington with the link below .I don't recall if they offered the "Lifetime structural warranty "in 2011 .
Be sure to include your Hull ID.

I took the Benninngton out of the water for the year today. We heard water slosh in the port pontoon. It does sound like quite a bit. Are those segmented/divided internally? What does eveyone suggest to get the water out? Take the plastic plugs out and try to suck it out? Drill holes? Flip pontoon over? Other?
If Jack's suggestion doesn't work out find a local certified welder that has experience working on aluminum pontoons. We had water in one of the toons a few years ago in our old boat. We took the boat to a local recommended experienced welder. I backed it up to his shop and before I got out of the Expedition he drilled a small hole at the bottom rear of the affected toon and the water came pouring out. Once the water drained out he repaired the hole by welding a threaded bung hole in it's place. He pressure tested the toon but never found out how or where the water got in but he pronounced it airtight and we were good to go! $60.Screenshot_20210830-075545.png

Back