2014 24SLX radio retrofit

brianj716

Reaction score
Looking for advise and picture of a radio retrofit with that single din radio helm. I was looking to cover the hole and install an upgrade radio setup.

IMG_4440.jpg

Last edited:
I’m assuming you have looked at underside of the radio/trim to see if there is an obvious way to remove the trim (since your helm door is open?)

I took a rather expensive route to a similar problem. I needed to move my depth sounder/plotter that was Right of the Steering Wheel to the Left Side so I could better see the display. In the process I decided to upgrade my Simrad G05 to the G07 giving me a larger display and an external output for an Alarm, which I used for the Shallow Depth Alarm. We had to fill in the area where the old Simrad had been then repaint the helm.

Here’s a picture of what I did. Hope this is helpful.

This is the final configuration with the Plotter on the Left and far more visible!

19D206C3-824E-432B-97F0-8AB5C3977366.jpeg

The below photo is the original configuration with the Simrad underneath the Wheel. Bad design!

BA2743FF-0F12-4BFA-AC7F-36217ED9E066.jpeg

I’m assuming you have looked at underside of the radio/trim to see if there is an obvious way to remove the trim (since your helm door is open?)

I took a rather expensive route to a similar problem. I needed to move my depth sounder/plotter that was Right of the Steering Wheel to the Left Side so I could better see the display. In the process I decided to upgrade my Simrad G05 to the G07 giving me a larger display and an external output for an Alarm, which I used for the Shallow Depth Alarm. We had to fill in the area where the old Simrad had been then repaint the helm.

Here’s a picture of what I did. Hope this is helpful.

This is the final configuration with the Plotter on the Left and far more visible!

View attachment 29562

The below photo is the original configuration with the Simrad underneath the Wheel. Bad design!

View attachment 29561
looks great, but my helm has a molded part where my single din radio is installed. 2014 24slxIMG_4440.jpg

Last edited:
did you ever get anywhere on this? I was thinking just pull all that out and replace with a nice piece of starboard and round the edges?
No I didn't. Got side tracked with other projects. I will post on this tread if I do.

My biggest issue is the Helm is molded under the weather proof cover. If it was flat it would be easy. I'll do something eventually.

Back