2015 2275 GCW-Mounting GPS In Raised Helm Tray?

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
Has anyone here with a 2275 GCW mounted their GPS using a base mount in the recessed upper right hand tray on the raised console?

I have a Garmin GPSMAP 536s that I think will easily mount and look good there using RAM components.

My only dilemma is how to route the three cables going to the GPS so that the hole I have to put in the console is sealed and looks good.

All ideas welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
My right hand tray has the Echo 100 with a back mount.  Cant you back mount the 523 also, just a little larger?

Tooncrazy, my dealer flush mounted my 531s in the upper right of my raised helm.  It looks great but it is so tight that the cover does not snap on real tight.  I still would prefer that over any other location

Tooncrazy, my dealer flush mounted my 531s in the upper right of my raised helm.  It looks great but it is so tight that the cover does not snap on real tight.  I still would prefer that over any other location
Are you referring to the space that is immediately to the right of the steering wheel where the depth finder would normally be? Can you post a photo?

Thanks.

Garmin 547XS

My right hand tray has the Echo 100 with a back mount.  Cant you back mount the 523 also, just a little larger?
On the 2015 2275 GCW raised helm that location is significantly blocked by my steering wheel.

Garmin 547XS
That's a nice setup. Unfortunately the 2015 2275 GCW raised helm is different than yours and does not have a nice console space available  like yours.

You should have plenty of room.   The unit will have a template.  You might be able to get it online to check before purchase.  

Don't have one with the 531 but here is a picture I took before the echo100 was swapped out for the 531.  The 531 is in the same spot as the echo100

Don't have one with the 531 but here is a picture I took before the echo100 was swapped out for the 531.  The 531 is in the same spot as the echo100
Unfortunately my helm console is very different than yours. Surely would like to have the GPS space/location that you have.

Do you have the raised helm, I would have thought they are all the same except for maybe the rocker switches

He has a G not an R like you guys are posting photos of.

Would something like this work?  Not the same helm, but maybe a similar plan.  I mounted my flasher locator on a RAM mount, and used 3M VHB double-faced tape to stick the RAM base to the helm.  No screws, and that tape is strong stuff.  Then I can just loosen the knob on the mount and push the locator down before I put the cover on.  I just ran the cables up between the helm and the railing, so no holes drilled.

Back