2016 benny warranty extension

MMIchitsch

Reaction score
So back when i bought my benny new in 2016 it came with a 7yr warranty but if you signed up for this club they were supposed to extend to 10yrs. So of course i did it. Now i need warranty work, 7yr hit in July and bennington told my dealer i dont have a 10yr. My guess is that they did this to sell off 2016 inventory because 2017 came with 10yr and it was already july so 2017 models were coming out. I am more than frustrated. My dealer is emailing them but wow, didnt expect this from bennington

The 10 year warranty did not start until the 2017 model year .

So back when i bought my benny new in 2016 it came with a 7yr warranty but if you signed up for this club they were supposed to extend to 10yrs. So of course i did it. Now i need warranty work, 7yr hit in July and bennington told my dealer i dont have a 10yr. My guess is that they did this to sell off 2016 inventory because 2017 came with 10yr and it was already july so 2017 models were coming out. I am more than frustrated. My dealer is emailing them but wow, didnt expect this from bennington
Funny....i joined this club in jan of 2017
My dealer got to the bottom of it. 2016 came with 5yr, when you joined club they extended to 7yr. When i bought the boat the saleman told me when i joined it would extend to 10yrs. They have since fired him for these type if things. Whaf really bugs me is he did that just to sell off the 2016 model when 2017 (with 10yr) were sitting on the lot. He got me....its been a good boat. Ill sell it and get a new one. Surprised to see what its worth online though.....worth $2k more than i paid in 2016 and in AZ where im at it is a sellers market right now. Thanks for your reply though

I don't think that is accurate. Mine is a 2017 model year that delivered in Sep 2016 and has the 5 year warranty extendable to 7. I believe the 10 year warranty started with the 2017 calendar year, not necessarily the model year.

I'm curious as to what the needed repair was?
If I were the dealer I would have explained the situation and then offered to cover it out of obligation to do right for the customer. It looks like if they would have done that they would have sold another. That money spent is far more effective than a radio ad.

The dealer did update you accurately on the 2016’s. Horrible situation with the original misinformation at purchase time.

However, to clarify for others that might read this thread, the 2017 was NOT a full 10 year warranty at purchase. It was the 7 year warranty, and you could add the 3 years to make it 10 by joining the forum. I know as I have a 2017 and went through that process to extend my warranty from 7 years to 10 years.

Starting with the 2018 model year they went to the 10 year warranty right at purchase, with no other extension for joining the forum.

The dealer did update you accurately on the 2016’s. Horrible situation with the original misinformation at purchase time.

However, to clarify for others that might read this thread, the 2017 was NOT a full 10 year warranty at purchase. It was the 7 year warranty, and you could add the 3 years to make it 10 by joining the forum. I know as I have a 2017 and went through that process to extend my warranty from 7 years to 10 years.

Starting with the 2018 model year they went to the 10 year warranty right at purchase, with no other extension for joining the forum.
So if you were a member before 2017 would you get the 7 to 10 warranty? If you purchased in 2017 like I did?

If I am not mistaken you still had to register your boat with Bennington. On my 1st in 2013 , membership was automatically included when you registered. I still have registered all of mine ,required or not .

So if you were a member before 2017 would you get the 7 to 10 warranty? If you purchased in 2017 like I did?
You could have. Once registered, if memory serves me right, there was a link to verify, confirm, something of that nature to then get the extra 3 years. It wasn’t automatic, but I don’t remember the finer points of completing that process beyond maybe clicking a link and going from there in the Bennington website.

I did some home work. I purchased my Bennington in May of 2017 my warranty expires in May of 2027. Good deal !
It’s nice to double check and have that peace of mind. Easy to loose track of details when they are 6-7 years old. Glad to hear it!!!

Back