2016 model deck stains , what to do ? Is a common problem with Bennington ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes! What kind of flooring is that? I have some lighter staining on my 2016 bamboo oat flooring but I thought that was due to a botched acid wash by my dealer. I'd have your dealer take a look at that as a possible warranty claim.

With the color gone from the carpet ,it looks like something was spilled .Did anyone use a PFD that may have been used in a pool and then on your boat ?

MariDeck flooring NOT CARPET There never has been or any spills or MariDeck is a vinyl flooring , Those are the worst spots i have some others but not as bad yet

Yikes!

Sure looks like something got on there for sure: spill, cleaning agent, bleach, fuel, something leak onto it in storage, something else... I haven’t seen something quite like that in person or in this forum. The few people that have had flooring issues (very few) it seems like it was acid wash overspray, or fuel spill, or caustic cleaning agents.

Of course this is all speculation. I otherwise cannot imagine how/why it would do that. I can safely say it’s not something that is known to happen to the flooring on Bennington’s.

Yikes!

Sure looks like something got on there for sure: spill, cleaning agent, bleach, fuel, something leak onto it in storage, something else... I haven’t seen something quite like that in person or in this forum. The few people that have had flooring issues (very few) it seems like it was acid wash overspray, or fuel spill, or caustic cleaning agents.

Of course this is all speculation. I otherwise cannot imagine how/why it would do that. I can safely say it’s not something that is known to happen to the flooring on Bennington’s.
When i uncover the remainder of boat i will show more spots as they get worst with time. it is not from storage it is not beach, fuel or any spill, that i am sure of . Thanks for you input anyway

When i uncover the remainder of boat i will show more spots as they get worst with time. it is not from storage it is not beach, fuel or any spill, that i am sure of . Thanks for you input anyway
Certainly bizarre looking problem, I can only imagine the dismay on your end. I wish I had better ideas. Has it ever been stored somewhere else: storage facility, dealer, friends barn, etc... i.e outside of your care of supervision?

Last edited:
Wow...leads me to believe that it may have been a bad batch of decking vinyl delivered to the factory from the supplier. They may have accidentally shipped a non-marine grade vinyl to the Bennington factory, and there was no way the factory could have known.

Definitely contact your local dealer and have them submit a warranty claim.

Certainly bizarre looking problem, I can only imagine the dismay on your end. I wish I had better ideas. Has it ever been stored somewhere else: storage facility, dealer, friends barn, etc... i.e outside of your care of supervision?
i am convinced this is not a spill or storage issue . there are just to many places on the flooring where this is happening , the photos are worst of it but there are new places starting around seats and in front of console. Thanks again for help.

The pic you posted ,looks like carpet

Have you spoke to your dealer ? If you are the original owner ( and registered at the time ) it should be covered under warranty.

DejaWiz offered up a good explanation given what you are experiencing, and how odd and out of the norm it is. Bad batch of flooring...?

I’d follow up with the dealership about a warranty issue with that flooring like suggested above. That said, not sure if you can boat all year long, or like some of us northerners, only in the summer. If only in the summer, I’d get it looked at now, but schedule the work for the fall before it gets put away for winter.

If you are in the south and able to boat all year long, perhaps just get the claim and work moving forward now. Replacing all the flooring is a big job as they remove EVERYTHING, replace flooring (sometimes all the plywood too), and then put it all back together again. Big job, but as good as new when done.

Didn't a member on here have a similar issue and it was determined to be faulty glue or adhesive or something like that?!? But then again how would that go through vinyl flooring? Anyway contact your dealer to get the ball rolling on a possible warranty claim......

Playing detective, it looks as though something got sprayed across the surface from right side to the left side as there are no stain marks about 1/4" from the metal edge. I would've thought there would be stain up to the metal edge if it was random. My two cents for what its worth.

I just did a search just using the word glue and found a post with pictures of another member having the same problem. His pictures looked very similar to yours.
Sorry I don't know how to link another thread but you should have no trouble finding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back