2016 R25 out of warranty question.....

Port LED bow/nav/red light is out. Brand , access and how to replace??
I know there are a couple threads on this topic. Did you try doing a search (search icon in upper right corner)? Not sure if this will help, but check out this thread that deals with nav light replacement:

Navigation Lights

You can try Greatlakeskipper.com ,they carry some Bennington OEM parts ,or a dealer should be able to order it for you

Should be two phillips screws under the deck that hold the assembly to the boat. I purchased my exact replacement bulbs from here.

Port LED bow/nav/red light is out. Brand , access and how to replace??
What does the housing look like? Metal or plastic? Is it only the red navigational light that doesn’t work? I’ve got the plastic version and it’s my understanding that the bulbs in the metal unit are not replaceable, but hopefully I’m mistaken.

What does the housing look like? Metal or plastic? Is it only the red navigational light that doesn’t work? I’ve got the plastic version and it’s my understanding that the bulbs in the metal unit are not replaceable, but hopefully I’m mistaken.
My 2015 Q has the metal housing and I was able to replace the bulbs and gave the link where I got the exact replacement from. The deal had a different version of the bulb that may have worked but since I already had the OEM from the manufacture I went with them. Yes it's not plug in type but have to cut the wires and then use the water proof heat shrink crimp connectors you can replace them.

Take the two screws out that are holding the fixture in place and can see the bulbs. From there can see if you need a bulb assembly or can replace just the bulb for the nav light. If bulb assembly you can pull the part number and start searching for that part number, that is how I found the manufacture for the docking light.

@Michiman this is more than likely your docking light replacement if you need it. https://www.itc-us.com/marine/high-output-led-docking-light

Last edited:
My 2015 Q has the metal housing and I was able to replace the bulbs and gave the link where I got the exact replacement from. The deal had a different version of the bulb that may have worked but since I already had the OEM from the manufacture I went with them. Yes it's not plug in type but have to cut the wires and then use the water proof heat shrink crimp connectors you can replace them.

Take the two screws out that are holding the fixture in place and can see the bulbs. From there can see if you need a bulb assembly or can replace just the bulb for the nav light. If bulb assembly you can pull the part number and start searching for that part number, that is how I found the manufacture for the docking light.

@Michiman this is more than likely your docking light replacement if you need it. https://www.itc-us.com/marine/high-output-led-docking-light
Thanks for clarifying the issue and providing the information!

Back