2017 22 SCWXP SPS Performance

JPL

Reaction score
Got to take it out on my maiden voyage this past weekend.  Very happy with the performance of the SPS package.   Handles very well and rides very well.  I was able to get 38.2 MPH on GPS with four people on board and full tank of gas.  This is with the Merc 150 and the Enertia 15 x15 stainless prop.  Thoughts on the speed?  Yes it only has 1.5 hours on it, so I know once it is broken in may get a little more.   I did forget to look at what RPM's it was pulling though.

Sounds like you're in the ball park for sure! Keep an eye on the RPMs and once it's broke in you might see 40 without too much trouble. Congrats on the new boat!!

4 people 38 MPH..... I would say you're doing great!  Enjoy your new boat.

I might say 4 people 40+

A couple we're friends with bought a 2017 SSRX with the Mercury 150 and SPS and I'm pretty sure has the 15x15 prop. Their boat hit around 38.5 with 2 people and full of gas and it will run 35 consistently with 6 of us on it plus coolers and gear and occasionally will bump 36 on the gps. It just had it's 20 hour service so time will tell if it improves any.

Last edited by a moderator:
We love our SPS setup. Rides and handles great.

I was able to get 38.2 MPH on GPS with four people on board and full tank of gas.  This is with the Merc 150 and the Enertia 15 x15 stainless prop.  Thoughts on the speed?  

That's about what mine will do with 100 more HP on back. Sounds like another happy customer!

We have a 2015 22' SCWX with a Yamaha 150 and will easily see 38 mph with four adults three kids one dog, almost full fuel, gear and vittels for the day. Oh and the Bimini is in full sail. Enjoy your new boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back