2017 22SSRXP Premium cost used

RDM

Reaction score
Hello. Looking at buying a used 2017 Bennington 22SSRXP premium tritoon with a 150hp Evinrude. It is in excellent condition with many upgrades. Boat is really clean and motor has around 180 hours. It also has blackout package. Comes with trailer. I believe this is first year they made these. My question is how do I find what they are worth? I don’t find many for sale so hard to determine. Are there any major upgrades I should make sure it has? Thank You.

Bennington makes 2 main full length tritoon hulls. I believe you’ll have the SPS on that boat, but wouldn‘t hurt to verify (The other one is the ESP tritoon hull). Should have under-skinning, but again verify.

Since it is a XP version of the 2017 S-series, that was the Premium package, it has a lot of mainly interior aethetic upgrades (furniture, kick board and flooring areas, helm and captains seat, stitching, etc). The SSR would not have been a new model or layout that year, but upgrading the vinyl seating to the current Semtex fabric as part of the S-XP model was new in the S-premium that year.

Bennington got rid of that XP premium designation around 2020-21 when they created the L series model lineup. Thus, if you bought the SAME Bennington configuration today, it would be a 22 LSR.

Do the sellers have its original spec purchase sheet for you to look over? You could spec up that version of the boat today to see today’s cost. It’ll likely make you feel better about whatever this seller is asking (ha!) since prices of increased significantly every year since 2017. Average price off MSRP back in 2017 when buying from a dealership on the s-series was around 20% off MSRP (some got more, some got less depending on a ton of factors at that time).

Boats of this time period (I have a 2017 SSBXP SPS hull 200 Mercury Verado pro and am thus highly dialed into some of what you are looking at now) have often been selling basically for what the person bought them for new if in good shape. GOOD pre-owned boats have really held their value well! The year over year increase in new boat prices have really supported strong used boat prices since 2016-17.

I’d say if it is near original purchase price or less, it’s probably going to be a fair price. But I don’t know for sure, or how increased interest rates the last 8-10 months have impacted the used boat market.

Otherwise, there is a WIDE range of options and upgrades. Kind of hard to pin down ”what to look for” as it can be very unique to each buyer. This also creates challenges in trying to NADA/KBB your boats value. Those tools don‘t factor in well the value of options, and the low supply, high demand that these boats have been commanding in resale price. Trying to compare it to similarly spec’d 22’ 2017 SXP Bennington’s with 150 HP motors on them is your best bet, even if the floor plan is different.

Areas where people may spend a lot, or save a lot, is in LED lighting and stereo system options. You could try to figure out what, if any, of those options they added to the boat. Those options at least add a lot to original price, and often contribute to helping bolster resale price.

My wife and I: in addition to what the premium package, blackout package and SPS hull package came with that year (again, we have all those on our 2017), I wanted the Simrad gps/depth finder, upgraded Kicker stereo and speakers, RGB LED lighting options (speakers, under-seating, rear seating, external pontoons), dual battery & perko switch, port gate seat, our specific flooring, power electric curved bimini, and traditional ladder.

What we didn’t add on, but is not uncommon to have, is the privacy curtain and/or porta-potty options selected too. And of course there were a lot of other options back in 2017 one could have gotten.

Last edited:
Bennington makes 2 main full length tritoon hulls. I believe you’ll have the SPS on that boat, but wouldn‘t hurt to verify (The other one is the ESP tritoon hull). Should have under-skinning, but again verify.

Since it is a XP version of the 2017 S-series, that was the Premium package, it has a lot of mainly interior aethetic upgrades (furniture, kick board and flooring areas, helm and captains seat, stitching, etc). The SSR would not have been a new model or layout that year, but upgrading the vinyl seating to the current Semtex fabric as part of the S-XP model was new in the S-premium that year.

Bennington got rid of that XP premium designation around 2020-21 when they created the L series model lineup. Thus, if you bought the SAME Bennington configuration today, it would be a 22 LSR.

Do the sellers have its original spec purchase sheet for you to look over? You could spec up that version of the boat today to see today’s cost. It’ll likely make you feel better about whatever this seller is asking (ha!) since prices of increased significantly every year since 2017. Average price off MSRP back in 2017 when buying from a dealership on the s-series was around 20% off MSRP (some got more, some got less depending on a ton of factors at that time).

Boats of this time period (I have a 2017 SSBXP SPS hull 200 Mercury Verado pro and am thus highly dialed into some of what you are looking at now) have often been selling basically for what the person bought them for new if in good shape. GOOD pre-owned boats have really held their value well! The year over year increase in new boat prices have really supported strong used boat prices since 2016-17.

I’d say if it is near original purchase price or less, it’s probably going to be a fair price. But I don’t know for sure, or how increased interest rates the last 8-10 months have impacted the used boat market.

Otherwise, there is a WIDE range of options and upgrades. Kind of hard to pin down ”what to look for” as it can be very unique to each buyer. This also creates challenges in trying to NADA/KBB your boats value. Those tools don‘t factor in well the value of options, and the low supply, high demand that these boats have been commanding in resale price. Trying to compare it to similarly spec’d 22’ 2017 SXP Bennington’s with 150 HP motors on them is your best bet, even if the floor plan is different.

Areas where people may spend a lot, or save a lot, is in LED lighting and stereo system options. You could try to figure out what, if any, of those options they added to the boat. Those options at least add a lot to original price, and often contribute to helping bolster resale price.

My wife and I: in addition to what the premium package, blackout package and SPS hull package came with that year (again, we have all those on our 2017), I wanted the Simrad gps/depth finder, upgraded Kicker stereo and speakers, RGB LED lighting options (speakers, under-seating, rear seating, external pontoons), dual battery & perko switch, port gate seat, our specific flooring, power electric curved bimini, and traditional ladder.

What we didn’t add on, but is not uncommon to have, is the privacy curtain and/or porta-potty options selected too. And of course there were a lot of other options back in 2017 one could have gotten.
Great info. Thanks for taking time to reply. Asking price is $50,000 with trailer. It’s really clean. It’s a 1owner boat bought at respected local marina so guessing they have the info.

You can check NADA with the link below.

I had an evinrude on my 2020 . BRP no longer makes a traditional style ( under deck now ) outboard. Even though I had a 7 year warranty, I was concerned about parts availability. Just to verify , you are aware that evinrude is a 2 stroke ?

Decent price - you'll find 2017's from $40-60K depending on model type, engine size etc. You could do better by waiting IMO as the recession drags on and you get more desperate sellers. I personally would shy away from an Evinrude as mentioned by Jack, there's a stigma since BRP is no longer making outboards and even though you might be able to find parts in the future, fewer and fewer dealers/techs will be servicing them. If you're handy with the tools then a lot less risk, but I'd want to see a little more discount. Merc or Yamaha, good price all day.

You can likely buy a new SX equipped similarly for 10-12K more. I just bought my 2023 22SXSB with Merc 115, Simrad, upgrade Rockford stereo, amp, sub for under $55k. The market for new boats has changed a lot in the last 6 months, I do not believe used boats have moved lower as quickly as the new ones have.

I agree with the comments to shy away from the Evinrude. I was a huge Johnson, Evinrude fan back in the 70’s-80’s. Spring of 2020 was the end of that era. I think the Evinrude might hurt you on resale down the road. Just my opinion. Good luck on whichever way you go.

Decent price…I personally would shy away from an Evinrude as mentioned by Jack, there's a stigma since BRP is no longer making outboards and even though you might be able to find parts in the future, fewer and fewer dealers/techs will be servicing them. If you're handy with the tools then a lot less risk, but I'd want to see a little more discount. Merc or Yamaha, good price all day.
You can likely buy a new SX equipped similarly for 10-12K more. I just bought my 2023 22SXSB with Merc 115, Simrad, upgrade Rockford stereo, amp, sub for under $55k. The market for new boats has changed a lot in the last 6 months, I do not believe used boats have moved lower as quickly as the new ones have.
Agree with Evinrude concerns above. Keep in mind Kcsaab above is talking an SX. The 2017 you are looking at is aligned with an LSR, not an SXR. So keep in mind, the 2017 your looking at is going to be a different price comparison point new than what Kcsaab is referencing above. Between the model up and the 150, and a few of the other options, you are talking a very different price point than his at $55k.

I had an evinrude on my 2020 . BRP no longer makes a traditional style ( under deck now ) outboard. Even though I had a 7 year warranty, I was concerned about parts availability. Just to verify , you are aware that evinrude is a 2 stroke ?
Yes. 2 stroke that has a reservoir that I keep full. This one is the 2017 SSRX Premium with upgrades including blackout package. The Evinrude 150 has around 175 hours. Nice tandem trailer as well. They are open to offers but I don’t know where to start on an offer.

Decent price - you'll find 2017's from $40-60K depending on model type, engine size etc. You could do better by waiting IMO as the recession drags on and you get more desperate sellers. I personally would shy away from an Evinrude as mentioned by Jack, there's a stigma since BRP is no longer making outboards and even though you might be able to find parts in the future, fewer and fewer dealers/techs will be servicing them. If you're handy with the tools then a lot less risk, but I'd want to see a little more discount. Merc or Yamaha, good price all day.
The 150 Evinrude has around 170 hours. Boat is the 22 SSRX premium with blackout package and other upgrades. Nice tandem axel trailer as will. They are open to offers but don’t know where to start.

Other than being louder than what I was use to ,I did not mind the Evinrude . As I stated previously ,my concern was parts . Check around for a servicing dealer and ask them if they are still paying their Franchise fee to BRP .

Back