2018 21 slx

Lil Spooky OH6A

Reaction score
Hello all, due to health issues I'm probably going to sell my beloved Bennington. Is my understanding that I cannot ask advice on how to determine the value of my boat? Please advise. Thanks.

As a reminder ,there is no selling of Boats or Motors allowed on the forum .

Thanks, Illinois. I've talked briefly with my dealer and they just beat around the bush value wise. . BTW, I grew up in Springfield. Are you from near there? Hello Jack. I understand. Thanks.

I sold my other Pontoon 2013 which I bought new from my dealer using Craigslist. Got what I paid for it in 2022 when I sold it. You may want to start there. Also see what other boats are selling for on Craigslist and price accordingly.

I would second checking FB Marketplace, Boattrader.com and Craigslist. NADA values on pontoons are often wildly off compared to market value - often lower. I would still check NADA/JDPower value like suggested above, but then absolutely check comparable boat prices on the market as near to you as you can. These past few years in particular the NADA type price guides were often MANY thousands less than pre-owned boats were selling private party or off dealership lots.

Good luck to you with it.

And, check the current value new if you have a model that is less than 5 years old - that provides a sense of top price for a new model, with discounts in the 5 to 20% range (varies by model). Sometimes you can get a premium since the Benny is ready to go, vs order and wait. If not urgent, list high and drop price every week.

Last edited:
I sold my other Pontoon 2013 which I bought new from my dealer using Craigslist. Got what I paid for it in 2022 when I sold it. You may want to start there. Also see what other boats are selling for on Craigslist and price accordingly.
I like this idea. And given the fact that the cost to replace my Bennington is about twice what I paid, you might want to start at your original list price.

Very sorry to hear about your health issues...... It's a crazy world out there!!! Set your own price and see if anybody shows interest! A mint Bennington will sell itself! For example.... We just sold our 2008 Ford Expedition with 111000 miles on FB Marketplace in less than 24 hrs. NADA private value was between $5138 and $7028. Trade in was $3174. Carvana offered $4755. Since it was in such good shape, low miles for a 2008 and had new Michelins we set the price at $12000. Over 60 people responded and a bidding war started. A gentlemen showed up at our house the next day with $13500 in cash!!! So don't be afraid. Do a little research (NADA boat values like Kim said) and set your own price. You can always adjust the price if you get little to no interest. Good luck!

Thanks, again. In my earlier post what I meant to say is that as the weather warms up the more I think about one more year on the lake the better I feel health wise. I've been boating over 70 years.
Excellent medicine! Hope you can continue to heavily medicate with your Benny!

Thanks, Illinois. I've talked briefly with my dealer and they just beat around the bush value wise. . BTW, I grew up in Springfield. Are you from near there? Hello Jack. I understand. Thanks.
No, Joliet Ill. But I have a home on Illinois Ave. in Green Lake Wi.

Back