2018 Bennington build on its way!

Every time I come back to this thread and look at the pics that boat just gets prettier and prettier!! :)

Every time I come back to this thread and look at the pics that boat just gets prettier and prettier!! :)
I agree. The granite exterior with white accent trim, sandstone interior and carbon accents with teak flooring, sport bimini with windshield; they all go together so well. And of course the 430 hp IO to boot! Great build. I know what my next boat will look like if I hit the LOTTO. I think I'm coming down with my first case of the PADS, and this is my FIRST full summer with my new Benny! I think I need some help? (Some of you old timers might have to explain PADS to some of these newbies?!)

Ready for more pics and some performance numbers! That thing is gorgeous!!

Very nice! Sheesh, all you people are making me miss my big beauty even more!! :(

My dealer called yesterday and is shooting for delivery this Friday! Here is the pic he sent me.
Cannot wait to hear how fast that gorgeous boat is!

You know what to do Bulldog
Haha, I talked to the new owner the other day (he had a battery connection question) I told him we were missing it already. He said I'd be the first call if he ever sells it!

Well, we are the proud owners of a badass boat!
Went to the dealership and performed a thorough inspection, no major issues but quite a few cosmetic flaws. We noted all issues and dealer has agreed to take care of them at the 20 hour service.
Launched the boat and took for her maiden voyage! Very impressed with overall performance. I did not take many notes, I was having too much fun grinning ear to ear. I can say that with 4 passengers, approx 620#, and a full tank of fuel we hit 50.3 mph on the gps!

Attachments

• 1FB1DAAF-B3B8-424A-9DDC-A946C7ABED59.jpeg
    1FB1DAAF-B3B8-424A-9DDC-A946C7ABED59.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 29
Definitely Badass!!! Just curious though, what were the cosmetic flaws? I have new Q 25 and like to know if mine has any? Due for my first service soon. Thanks, and ENJOY!!

Great to hear you’re loving it!! 50mph is awesome!

50mph! Wow, that’s impressive!
Nice Benny!!

Definitely Badass!!! Just curious though, what were the cosmetic flaws? I have new Q 25 and like to know if mine has any? Due for my first service soon. Thanks, and ENJOY!!
The Sport Arch has a few scratches from 1-3 inches all the way thru the paint. Dealer will pull the arc off the boat and have it repainted.
Passenger side arm rest has stitching that is coming out. Arm rest will be replaced.
The blackout bow trim piece has multiple scratches. Trim to be replaced.
The ladder under the swim platform was bent so much that it won’t open. Bent back into place so we can use. Ladder will be replaced.
Nav light switch wired incorrectly, turns on the light on the helm ness the access door instead of the nav light on the top of the arch. Wiring to be corrected.
The kicker stereo only has 4 speakers, we were expecting 6, not a big deal as the stock system will be replaced with a JL Audio system.
The rear sun loungers have a ton of room under them but it is not accessible unless you lift the motor hatch. Not sure what I am going to do here, need to figure out a way to utilize this space.

Lastly, I think my biggest complaint is the lack of a usable ice chest. The ice chest provided in the corner bow seat is probably big enough for 3 lbs. of ice and 2 beers! Unfortunately this floor plan doesn’t have. Good spot for a Yeti type cooler. My first thought is to build an ice chest into the passenger side helm, with the top shelf hinged for access.

It appears to me that the majority of the scratches/flaws occurred during shipping and are completely repairable.

Overall I am very happy with the boat!

Agree. Corner bow seat cooler is useless. We use it to store all the coozies. We keep our ice chest either in the helm door and/or near the port side door which you don’t have.

Congrats on the boat. I hope they take care of all of the issues you found during your 20 hour service - most sound correctable.

I only had a few minor and one “main” issue when we got our 2017 last year and did the initial inspection. The main issue was purely cosmetic so I didn’t push too much on it then: a 1.5’ x 1.5’ discolored portion of the port side toon above the water line. I was told they’d take a closer look at it during the 20 hour service and rectify everything. All the minor issues were addresssed satisfactorily. However, the dealer seemed baffled about the discolorization in the toon and what to do about it.

However, over one year later, the main issue is still unresolved. Most of which was the dealer forgetting to move forward with Bennington time and time again. Bennington is now directly involved - both via my dealer, and myself with direct contact this past week on my part. I am hoping for some sort of resolution soon. We’ll see how it unfolds. Fortunately, this major issue is only cosmetic, so it has not hampered ANY use of my otherwise fantastic boat.

Long story short, I hope your issues are dealt with quickly and directly, and nothing that becomes long term or problematic.

Back