2019 23 SSBXP weight?

timjet

Reaction score
I'm gong to buy a trailer for my toon. I live in central FL and after 2 near miss hurricanes this year I've decided I need to get the boat off my lift and safely on a trailer. I will also need a truck as my '99 F-150 may just be too old to do the job. I'm considering a new Honda Ridgeline but the tow capacity on that truck is 5000 lbs which may come very close to the weight of my toon and trailer. Does anyone know the weight of a 2019 23 SSBXP with a 200 Yamaha.

My 2020 23SSBXP has a hull weight of 3,064 per Bennington. Add another 500lbs for engine, 200lbs for fuel and maybe another 100 for batteries, anchor, gear accessories etc.

Thanks for that. Looks like I will be near max towing capacity of 5000 lbs when I add a trailer.

Thanks for that. Looks like I will be near max towing capacity of 5000 lbs when I add a trailer.
That’s my dilemma with my 24LSB…. My vehicle is rated at 5k, and I’m going to be right there.

Seems like I should have some margin, but I need a heavy pickup as much as I need another streaming service subscription..

Exactly right, I wasn't planning on driving farther than being able to bring my toon home during a hurricane, so a Ridgeline would probably be OK. But it would be nice to have the option of taking it to some other places so I may have to re-think my Ridgeline choice.

I hear the RL is a nice truck, so it would serve you really well 95% of the time. Do you buy the full size half ton just to cover your 6 in those 5% situations?

Tough call. I know for me I have enough utility for a larger truck or SUV but that also steps up in price. Once I dump my old Sequoia I'll have some decisions to make too.

We spend summers in Michigan so it would be nice to tow our toon from Florida. But I don't have a trailer for the toon nor do I have a place to store it once I get it. Coupled with the choice of renting a boat during the few times we would use it up in Michigan it probably makes no sense to buy a truck capable of towing when it would be seldom used for that and renting is an option. Beside buying a truck now makes no sense with the crazy prices dealers are asking and getting. Inflation, interest rates and a coming bear economy will change that.

IF you are considering a “new” Ridgeline, couldn’t you just shop around and try to snag a very good condition pre-owned full size truck in the same price range? If not, then the Ridgeline sounds like it would be sufficient for your primary local hauling goal: pulling from the water and trying to more safely store it inland in advance of a hurricane or major tropical storm.

This is a pretty lengthy and long winded review about a x-country trip towing 4800lbs.

Cliff notes

1) adequate in most areas
2) fuel mileage decent
2) transmission fluid got very hot in certain areas (inclines) so care should be taken
3) gets a little squirrelly in cross winds and long declines
4) great local tow vehicle

Take it with a grain of salt that this guy was coming from another mid-size truck (Tacoma) so his basis for comparison is another vehicle in the RL's class. But he seems to love what is basically a Pilot or Passport which I read shares the same platform with some strengthening here and there.

Back