2020 25 SXP 150 Yamaha

Interesting recommendation. A 17p seems really high for a 150…perhaps the difference being on a shorter 22’ boat…? I would think a 14-15p enertia paired with a 150 would be a bit better. Also, a four blade is going to have an impact in that area too in conjunction with pitch. KCD…I’d personally go 3 blade, but I know some really like those 4 blade. I think a 4 blade combined with 17p is why you cannot get above 5200 rpm. You could try moving down 2-3 pitch with the four blade (should gain about 200-250 rpm per drop in pitch). Or switch to a 3 blade Mercury Enertia prop (much better prop), and start out with a 14-15p and see where that puts you. I would think either move gets you closer to where you want to be with RPM and performance.

Checking with Ken at Propgods in Jack’s link above is a great resource. He know’s his stuff, and can tailor it to what you are trying to accomplish.
I have a 17P Enertia on my 150 24 footer. It came with the boat. It has a good hole shot for skiers/ wakeboarders and tops out at 40 with two or three people. Everybody keeps telling me to put a 15P on it but we are satisfied with it's performance......

Yamahas are pricey buggers! Probably $600-700 my guess. The SDS hub on them is butter so an additional benefit.

My spare is a SWS2 16p so no help there, sorry!

I have a 17P Enertia on my 150 24 footer. It came with the boat. It has a good hole shot for skiers/ wakeboarders and tops out at 40 with two or three people. Everybody keeps telling me to put a 15P on it but we are satisfied with it's performance......

BK, I think your 150 has a little more displacement than the Yamaha, as well as slightly higher gear ratio so that likely is why the Enertia works well for you. But still crazy that you can turn a 17!!

Wow! Totally would’ve thought that was too much pitch, and would have been in that 15p camp…but obviously not! Goes right back to how much it can vary from one boat to another depending on layout, options, specific motor type, etc… Love the info that floats around in this forum!

I was surprised at that one myself . On a 22ft a 15X15 is suggested . The key word is suggested , the suggested for my 23 ft with a 250 is a 14 1/2 X18 Enertia .I have a 14.7X16 Enertia .y dealer did try the suggested and couldn't get the RPM's .
Same here Jack. 2275 RCW 150 Prox XS. 15x15 Enertia was the best overall prop. I did drop to a 14 for a while (when we were using it mostly for tubing with the kids to get a better hole shot and a little more RPM at mid range) but ended up back to a 15 now that we don't hardly tube behind it.

So, more prop info, I borrowed a 15.5 X 15 prop 3 blade and it did raise the rpms to 5700 but it was a total dog, lost a few top end mph 30 max and boat didnt plane, i am trying to get the Reliance 14.5 X 15 prop that everyone loves, but its very hard to find. When i told my dealer the performance of the 3 blade prop he said that 15.5 diameter is not meant for the F150 gearbox and prop diameter should be 14-14.5 max... Any recomendations for any prop alum or SS in a 14 X15 or 14.5 X 15, can't seem to find any with those specs.

Call Ken @ Prop Gods or SIM Yamaha out on the West coast.

BTW our boats hop up on plane in the mid teens so if you hit 30 it was planing. Male sure the toons are spotless (fouling can sap speed bug time) and ensure no water in the toons if you have a trailer, which can add a lot of extra weight.

IMG_1154.jpeg

So, more prop info, I borrowed a 15.5 X 15 prop 3 blade and it did raise the rpms to 5700 but it was a total dog, lost a few top end mph 30 max and boat didnt plane, i am trying to get the Reliance 14.5 X 15 prop that everyone loves, but its very hard to find. When i told my dealer the performance of the 3 blade prop he said that 15.5 diameter is not meant for the F150 gearbox and prop diameter should be 14-14.5 max... Any recomendations for any prop alum or SS in a 14 X15 or 14.5 X 15, can't seem to find any with those specs.
See post #13 in this thread.Propgods.com

no water in the toons....toons are pretty clean, I can hit 33 with the old 4 blade merc quicksilver prop 14X17, but cant get rpm up over 5200, prop gods are backed up a month or more. Sim Yamaha prop is out of stock..

Back