2020 bennington with 250 sho

More details on your specific boat model/layout, length and hull would be needed to give better advice. Lots of variables are critical in starting to dial in a prop. Model (S, L, R. Q - different weights), layout for the curious, length of boat is huge for both weight and how it may or may not cut across waves/water, and of major importance hull. With a 250 you have tritoon, but which one between SPS or ESP hull?

Toss out the above details, and people (likely with nearly your identical set up) can begin providing very specific ideas. Generically I would likley be considering an Enertia prop or SWS II prop if focused on performance. However, diameter and prop pitch sizes would depend on above details.

SWS2 prop by Yamaha will give better holeshot and mid-range efficiency but lower MPH. Hub is butter smooth and no clunk.

Enertia by Mercury (or Q3, it's the same exact prop by Quicksilver) will give higher MPH but slightly less holeshot and efficiency. But because it has less diameter than an equally pitched SWS2 you can also likely raise your engine an extra hole or two without ventilation in turns netting a little more speed and less fuel burn.

Can't go wrong with either, the differences are in the margins and all about what your objectives are. I run a Q3 and am very happy with it.

With your SHO running 89 you can start with a 17 pitch and try an 18 if you hit the rev limiter with a full load.

I have 25R tri w/ esp (32”) center tube. 250 v8 mercury. 14.5 x 17” Enertia prop. Max rpm 5700. 43.5 mph max speed. Should it be doing better or is this it?

I have 25R tri w/ esp (32”) center tube. 250 v8 mercury. 14.5 x 17” Enertia prop. Max rpm 5700. 43.5 mph max speed. Should it be doing better or is this it?

I would say that is a good number given the weight of the R line. Your Mercury has a rev limit of 6000 so you're very close to that, and your calculated WOT slip is around 12% which is also excellent for a heavy pontoon.

There are some Performance Bulletins on both Yamaha and Mercury sites to help compare your numbers to other boats and propellers (Yamaha has more Bennington models to choose from) but real users here would be the best comps if you can find a few. I would venture you'll be right in the mix if not in the upper half or third of performance.

How does it feel from a hole shot standpoint?

Reactions: DVW
2022 ,23ft QCW SPS Plus ,250 Verado 14.7 X 16 Enertia 44.6. Rpm's 5950 . 2 people full tank

2022 25QFB. Double Bimini, U.S. flag. ESP package with the extra thick metal. 58 g fuel. 8 g water. Porta potty w/privacy chaise. 200 lb of stuff. 2 adults. 300 Yamaha DES. 43 mph. I still need to do it in both directions to negate current, tide, wind. Hard to do with wife complaining and my cheap self watching fuel per hour consumption.
Finally got my other Bimini cover yesterday. (Boat delivered missing one) I figure one of you northern boys have a new one. I hope to do the testing with Bimini up and down.

I had a 2017 23R with the 250 SHO, 17 pitch SS prop. It belongs to another forum member now. With 2 people, full tank of gas it would run 46 to 47 WOT

2016 GCW 2574 ESP, 250 Verado, 15.6X13 Enertia, 25 gallons fuel, one person, light wind & 75 degrees, 6500 RPM, 41 MPH.

I would say that is a good number given the weight of the R line. Your Mercury has a rev limit of 6000 so you're very close to that, and your calculated WOT slip is around 12% which is also excellent for a heavy pontoon.

There are some Performance Bulletins on both Yamaha and Mercury sites to help compare your numbers to other boats and propellers (Yamaha has more Bennington models to choose from) but real users here would be the best comps if you can find a few. I would venture you'll be right in the mix if not in the upper half or third of performance.

How does it feel from a hole shot standpoint?

Back