2020 Fall Football Thread

I'm a little bummed today. We had reservations and tickets to be at Camp Randall to watch the Badgers put the hurt on the Gophers today.
Then covid happened.
Who else had plans to go to at least one game this season? and where?
Had tickets to the UNC- Virginia Tech game today. Won by UNC 56-45. Would have been fun to see. We sold our tickets for the Carolina Panthers-Chicago Bears game next week in Charlotte.......

Any time my Tigers win I say it was a good game. Really sloppy play on a really sloppy night, it was even sloppy in the stands. Thank goodness it wasn't cold! When my raingear started leaking bout midway in the 4th quarter I almost left but stuck it out. Really felt for Cwright, his Hogs were outright robbed.

I'm a little bummed today. We had reservations and tickets to be at Camp Randall to watch the Badgers put the hurt on the Gophers today.
Then covid happened.
Who else had plans to go to at least one game this season? and where?

I'll be a WVU Mountaineer fan until my final breath. I moved away from God's Country 38 years ago. Live 500 miles from Morgantown but have had season tickets for 11 years and made nearly every home game even before that.

We host a tailgate party in the Blue Lot right next to the stadium and make it a point to invite opposing fans to join us. I go on their message boards the week of our game and we tell them to just make our tailgate their base. We have had some wonderful turnouts with as many as about 50 visiting fans joining us.

But this year is like no other. My wife is now battling cancer and even without Covid, we probably wouldn't be making games this year.

After the beating the Mountaineers put on my Tigers in the 2012 Orange Bowl, I don't mind if we never meet again. The Tigers were ranked near the top 10 and WVa wasn't even in the top twenty. What a thrashing we took!!

I'll be a WVU Mountaineer fan until my final breath. I moved away from God's Country 38 years ago. Live 500 miles from Morgantown but have had season tickets for 11 years and made nearly every home game even before that.

We host a tailgate party in the Blue Lot right next to the stadium and make it a point to invite opposing fans to join us. I go on their message boards the week of our game and we tell them to just make our tailgate their base. We have had some wonderful turnouts with as many as about 50 visiting fans joining us.

But this year is like no other. My wife is now battling cancer and even without Covid, we probably wouldn't be making games this year.
That is so cool, the friendliness with opposing fans. Been at games where an opposing fan is being a little "over the top", and when our team has a good play I simply look at that fan and give him a wink & smile. Usually by the end of the game we are visiting like old buddies.

Best of luck and prayers for your wife.

Getting ready for a good weekend of football!! Can't make it to Hotlanta, so I will have to watch my Tigers on tv. A really rare event in that I'm looking forward to Ala/Ga more than my Tigers. Clemson outcome is almost a given, so if the Dawgs can whoop a Sabanless Tide my Saturday will be complete. Sunday will find us on the Bennie in Lake Watauga for some leaf peeping. Fall is hands down my favorite time of year.

Here's a message for all the GT Fans (before the fanny spanking y'all are gonna get Saturday

Attachments

• thumb_welcome-to-georgia-tech-where-the-women-are-made-up-52867410.png
    thumb_welcome-to-georgia-tech-where-the-women-are-made-up-52867410.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 9
One week from tonight...A good ol' Camp Randall butt whoopin"!

I hear that.....but y'alls big game is Nov. 14, right?

Last minute thought on the 'bama Georgia game?
Being in Alabama, I gotta go with the Tide. But I hope I picked incorrectly!

I think the most interesting game of the weekend is Michigan @ Minnesota

Another that has my attention is Oklahoma State & Iowa State

We are very excited in our housefold to watch our Spartans this Saturday. College football just isn’t remotely the same when your conference, let alone your team, isn’t playing.

And although I would love to see Oh Hi NO lose to the Huskers on Saturday, i don’t think Nebraska could pull it off if they had the the OSU playbook, and were ease dropping on the Buckeye‘s huddle.

Here are my B1G outcome predictions for Week 1:

Tonight
- Wisky over Illi

Saturday
- MSU over Rutgers
- Bucks over Husks
- PSU over Indiana
- Iowa over Purdue
- Maryland over NW
- UM over Minn (Hail! Go Blue! Victors Valiant!)

Here are my B1G outcome predictions for Week 1:

Tonight
- Wisky over Illi

Saturday
- MSU over Rutgers
- Bucks over Husks
- PSU over Indiana
- Iowa over Purdue
- Maryland over NW
- UM over Minn (Hail! Go Blue! Victors Valiant!)

Mine were the same except...
NW over Maryland
Gophers over the Wolverines

Back