2020 NCAA Basketball thread......

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigKahuna

Reaction score
All right I figured Bill N would do this but here we go.......... Who are you guys pulling for in the upcoming NCAA Basketball tournament? I'll start......... Of course I'll root for my #9 Maryland Terrapins who by the way co won the Big 10 conference by beating Michigan today. I'll be the first to admit that watching them is super frustrating because you never know what team is going to show up. They have the tools to take the whole tournament but on the other hand they could lose in the 1st round if they're off. But I'll stick with them! So tell me....... Who you rooting for?????

Well, this might come as a surprise to everyone here, but I am pulling for THE Michigan State Spartans. We are also co-champions of the Big 10 - and it is the 3rd straight year we’ve been a solo or co-Big Ten Champion.

Unfortunately, we can play unpredictably similar to Daril’s beloved Terrapins. And when it comes to the tournament this year, there’s probably a group of 10-12 viable teams that could make concrete runs at it if they pull it together for a sustained stretch. I certainly would put my Spartan’s in that group, and am proud of the adversity they’ve overcome this season.

It should be an exciting March!!!

Go Green! Go White. Go State! :cool:

Well, this might come as a surprise to everyone here, but I am pulling for THE Michigan State Spartans. We are also co-champions of the Big 10 - and it is the 3rd straight year we’ve been a solo or co-Big Ten Champion.

Unfortunately, we can play unpredictably similar to Daril’s beloved Terrapins. And when it comes to the tournament this year, there’s probably a group of 10-12 viable teams that could make concrete runs at it if they pull it together for a sustained stretch. I certainly would put my Spartan’s in that group, and am proud of the adversity they’ve overcome this season.

It should be an exciting March!!!

Go Green! Go White. Go State! :cool:
Michigan St. always a well coached dangerous tournament team!
Izzo is going to miss Winston. One of the best point guards in the country the last 4 yrs.

On the Women's side I am excited for the USD Coyotes!
Currently ranked #17!
Damned impressive for a little So Dak team!

Well this won't come as a surprise to anybody.....bit the WISCONSIN BADGERS also won a share of the B1G Title, and I am pulling for them!
The Top seed! Another good team!

Very fortunate to get the top seed.
If forced to wager I would put my money on MS.

Tonight on ESPN2 my mighty BISON play for the Summit league tournament championship! 8pm central

On the Women's side I am excited for the USD Coyotes!
Currently ranked #17!
Damned impressive for a little So Dak team!

USD vs SDSU at 1pm Central for Summit Tourney Championship on ESPNU
Both teams should make the "Big Dance"

USD vs SDSU at 1pm Central for Summit Tourney Championship on ESPNU
Both teams should make the "Big Dance"
Again I've got to go with Maryland women. They took the Big 10. They seem to beat everybody except the big big teams like UConn, Baylor, Stanford, etc. for some reason.....

Congrats.......again! Aren't you tired of winning? Ha!

Congrats.......again! Aren't you tired of winning? Ha!
Well, if they get one win in the dance, that will be a very good showing!
Just getting there makes for a successful season.

I don't follow college sports much except for March Madness. I'm a little worried it's going to be interrupted this year with the virus stuff going on.

I don't follow college sports much except for March Madness. I'm a little worried it's going to be interrupted this year with the virus stuff going on.
Hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the games played to very limited audiences.
Is anyone else sick of hearing about the corona virus?
Talk about over-reaction, mass hysteria nonsense!

Man, talk about things going to DC in a handbasket!
This is getting out of hand!

Last edited:
To a degree, it boils down to this:

29BCAB30-4E8B-447A-8D55-BCA766086D37.jpeg

I saw that chart earlier today. The question is what's the time frame til the peak is past? A week, a month or is it months and months?

I saw that chart earlier today. The question is what's the time frame til the peak is past? A week, a month or is it months and months?

That’s the question for sure. Crazy times, and a crazy situation all the way around.

There is some good that can come from this. Form letter attached.

Dear (insert wifes name here)

With the rampant Corona Virus pandemic running unchecked, I find it irresponsible and reckless on our part to host your parents for dinner this Friday. In fact, being that they are in the age range with the highest mortality rate, I think it's best that they stay home for the foreseeable future. I will miss hearing your father pick my house apart, and your mother's quips about how we discipline the kids. Please extend my apologies and well wishes.

PS - I'll be in the garage checking supplies and decontaminating stuff

Your loving husband,

Sign here

Last edited:
All this in a basketball thread!o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back