2021 24LX ESP .125 300HP What to Expect WOT?

Take a picture of a mounting holes on your transom. I don’t think this is purely a prop situation. I believe mounting height will be ultimately something to look at as well. I don’t believe a prop will change the speed by 10-15 miles an hour. The prop that is on there is pretty close to what I think you will need.
I agree your problem is not just a prop swap. I assume your speed is GPS? Second-check and see if your dragging an anchor or big tree root. Third trim down all the way and try it. My boat will run within 1-2 MPH with trim all the way down, trimmed to 30% will gain me 1-2 MPH and relieve the motor some.

Last edited:
I just went to my dealer ,he showed me the Bennington prop chart .The recommended prop is a 15 1/2 X 17 Saltwater SDS for a 300 Yamaha .

My favorite prop would be the Mercury Enertia 15 x 15.
or the Quicksilver Q3 (same prop)
They are 3 blades, but larger diameter then the reliance you have, and has more traction and lift.
I think the Saltwater Series 15 3/4 x 15 would probably be a better prop for that boat then the Reliance.

Unfortunately Mercury is out of Enertia's and Q3's, we are all waiting for them to make more.
I don't sell Yamaha props, but if your dealer has a 15 Saltwater series, I'd give it a run.
of the stuff I have available, I'd want to try the Solas L3, 15 3/4 x 15 (similar to the Saltwater series)
Cost $360 plus 65 for a hub kit for that one.

I do have a Solas 14.5 x 15 4 blade. its somewhat new, I haven't got to run it on a lot of setups yet, but you can try it, and if it doesn't work, you can return it. (same for the L3 that I like too)
The HR4 is the prop, and it cost $310 from me, plus 65 for that same hub kit.

Ken Reeves
KR@Propgods.com
941 735 5808

Take a picture of a mounting holes on your transom. I don’t think this is purely a prop situation. I believe mounting height will be ultimately something to look at as well. I don’t believe a prop will change the speed by 10-15 miles an hour. The prop that is on there is pretty close to what I think you will need.
Agree. Even if you change the prop your not going to pick up 10-15 mph. Are you trimming the motor up? I have a 25R w/250 merc. 16” prop 44 mph

I can bump the trim very very little without losing speed
The noise of the boat really never point upward even at hole shot.
Front end seems to stay low in the water compared to several other boats I had.

At first I thought wow this ESP package sure digs into the water and the boat really rides great , I'm not sure what will happen if I get caught in some 3-4 foot waves on Lake Erie or big boat wake down in FLA this winter.

Trip to the dealer by water and take there service department out for a test ride and go from there

Keep you posted

Good luck, be patient, and I’m sure they’ll get you figured out. No doubt that boat should run mid to high 40’s and still push 40 fully loaded. My esp boat will run high 40’s empty and still 40 with the max of 13 guys on board (250 Yamaha). I run the 15 1/2 x 16 due to lots of water sports but can spin a 17 pitch to 5700. Anxious to hear what the dealer finds.

26LX ESP Merc 350 50g of gas, every storage nook stuffed, 3 coolers, double Bimini, 113 degrees (manual says up to 14% power loss in heat), Enertia 14.7x16 = 44 MPH at 6100rpm (5800-6400 WOT range per specs) with slight breeze and relatively flat water. I loose 2 or 3 mph when it get's windy and choppy and/or add 3 more people. Trim at 20 to 24 seems to be the sweet spot.

I have a very similar setup, I have a G23 with a Yamaha 300 and esp, the prop should be right, ken at prop gods said I should fall in between a 16p and 17p, I chose to be a little under proped rather than over, 2 people 52gal. WOT 5800rpm @ 43 rpm lowest mounting hole. Oh 16p x 15.5

Thanks for the data, I for sure have something going on since last trip out was the wife and I, 40 gallons fuel, flat water, zero wind and WOT was 32MPH
The engine sounds fine, the only thing I did notice was the motor takes a few seconds before it start to pee and the flow is not as strong as it should as my other 150HP.
I'm aware of weak pee flow but thinking that is on OLDER issue:)

43 yesterday on the 22LSR 175Vmax

way better than what anyone would have thought I would have got, including me. Only drawback, a little over 2 miles to the gallon on fuel

What prop are you running?

What prop are you running?
His specs are in his original post .

His specs are in his original post .

What original post? I quoted his only post in this thread.

I just noticed you are asking a different person .

VF175, so I'm going to assume the Reliance SDS 14.5x15 prop.
Thank you. I’m just trying to figure out what to expect MPH wise and have installed on mine with a 200 Vmax. I have the same boat on order. Don’t mean to jack the thread either.

Thank you. I’m just trying to figure out what to expect MPH wise and have installed on mine with a 200 Vmax. I have the same boat on order. Don’t mean to jack the thread either.
DejaWiz is correct with my prop, engine mounted in the lowest hole.
Clearly I’ve been very happy with the performance of the 175 at this point.

Thanks for the data, I for sure have something going on since last trip out was the wife and I, 40 gallons fuel, flat water, zero wind and WOT was 32MPH
The engine sounds fine, the only thing I did notice was the motor takes a few seconds before it start to pee and the flow is not as strong as it should as my other 150HP.
I'm aware of weak pee flow but thinking that is on OLDER issue:)
My SHO 250 has the same operation of water flow. Takes just a little bit for it to start and the stream is not a heavy high pressure stream. But I don’t have any overheating issues at the motor stays right at about 120° no matter how I run it

Back