2022 Yamaha SHO 150

dieselman

Reaction score
Ok we had our new tritoon out yesterday to put some hrs on the motor after 3 hrs I started to open it up at 3/4 it took off like a scared rabbit and hit 36 MPH trimmed I looked down at the tach and it was over 7000 RPM I know this cant be true as it had a lot more to go. It is a 150SHO running a sds 14.5x15. Is it possible the dealer set it up for a different motor. It seems fine at idle 900 RPM I have not checked the back of the tach yet.

On my previous 150 on a 23ft I had a 15X15 ,got 5800 on the tach.

Ok we had our new tritoon out yesterday to put some hrs on the motor after 3 hrs I started to open it up at 3/4 it took off like a scared rabbit and hit 36 MPH trimmed I looked down at the tach and it was over 7000 RPM I know this cant be true as it had a lot more to go. It is a 150SHO running a sds 14.5x15. Is it possible the dealer set it up for a different motor. It seems fine at idle 900 RPM I have not checked the back of the tach yet.
Someone else just had an issue with their tach being inaccurate. Pulled it, and the switch was in the wrong position for the motor they have. Solved their problem.

I have a 2022 21L tritoon with the yamaha 150, 7 1/2 hours on it with a yamaha SS 14.75 x15 prop. 5800 RPM 40.5 MPH WOT

It is easy to remove your tach through the dash, and then check the setting on the back. Try setting it to the 6P position for Yamaha outboards. If it is already, it could be that you just need to move the dial back and then reset to that position. When set to the 4C or 6C position for # of cylinders ,the RPM readings are not accurate. We learned this through trial and error. The 2 nuts come off the back and remove the bracket and push through the dash to remove. Real easy. Hope this will help solve the issue.

Hey Dieselman. We are on Chemong ,and more specifically Fife's Bay. Glad you got your tach working. Sometimes it gets out of synch with the motor and needs to be adjusted like I explained. I'm glad ours is working properly too.

Back