2023 Bennington 26 LXSSB ESP

Julianna

Reaction score
Wondering if I could get some feedback from owners of this style boat. I’m upgrading from a 2016 22 SSX Yamaha V115 SHO. This boat comes with a Yamaha 300 and of course it’s a tri-toon. I’ll list the specs and features to see what you think. Going for a test drive on Tuesday. Thanks in advance for your input.

length 25’4”
300 HP W/ 0 (zero) hours
Accent- smooth Monaco Blue
bamboo silver
battery- power distribution panel
battery- single switch
blackout luxe pkg
canvas-auto monoco blue
center tube fuel tank
ESP Performance pkg
interior accent - Monaco blue
panel- smooth satin black
RGB Exterior lighting (side/underwater illumination)
sharkhide 3 tubes
silver simtex
ski pylon 54” aluminum
sport upholstery
yamaha base integrated steering pre-rig w/ Garmin 743 & CL5 display
yamaha DEC Control Box
yamaha saltwater anode ESP/SPS Pkg
zebra matte slate

The only addition I think I might need would be an additional battery and rail around the Swingback. It sounds a little pricey to me @ 149 but thinking they will come down if I wave cash in their face. Can you think of anything else I might need if I purchase? Ty and have a wonderful day

Last edited:
Have you been on the Bennington build site to check the available options ?

Higher than the dealer quoted or higher with additional options you added on the build page .

My build on the Bennington page was closer to 200. I would have thought they would be getting rid of the 2023s to make room for 2024s. The original price was 169 and they dropped 20 to 149. Thinking of offering 135 cash, with all warranties plus I will pay tax, title and license fees. Any thoughts?

Discounts vary from dealer to dealer. Model line , dealer sales volume , location. Service department to me is worth a lot . Dealer loyalty also means something, each of mine the owner took better care of me .

The 26LX is an amazing Benny, LOVE mine. I believe the LX represents the best balance between cost and features (assuming you can stretch the budget that far - mine doubled from the day I started shopping).

Other Items:
  • Second Battery as noted.
  • If you live in a wet area and will leave the Benny outside - consider having the bilge bump wired directly to a battery (the monsoons were flooding my Benny even though it was covered - hit the front of the boat and drained out the back, with a LOT of water creeping into the center toon)
  • RGB Lights - that should already include the interior speakers.
  • With kids, the swingback rail is needed (though eventually i want to customize mine) so they can sit on the lounger when underway.
  • Double Bimini for us is crucial (mostly 110 degrees plus all summer).
  • The 300 should already have power steering.
  • We got a second table - one for the front and one for the back. Easy add.
  • We like our front Filler Seat - though often it is in front of the side door - it's a bit of a pain to move around, but the extra storage is nice and makes the front area fantastic for larger gatherings.
  • We opted for the Co-Captain over the L Bench - that was a KEY change for the Wife, much more important than we originally thought (I assume not an easy change if the bench seat, but FYI, and possibly easy but $$).
  • I love our Simrad, not familar with the Garmin - but see it often is spoken of more highly than the Simrad.
  • I have been happy with the standard stereo system, but certainly will be an upgrade at somepoint.
  • We have used the Privacy Curtain a few times - though I modified it, the bracket takes up way too much room in the SB Lounger.
  • Your pricing seems reasonable, but I have seen deals with a 20% reduction.
  • Depending on how much you trailer, that will be important to consider. I spent extra on a custom trailer for easier loading and the occasional long haul.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Thanks Laurence! I appreciate the input. We live in SWFL and we’re hit hard from Hurricane Ian. The boat will be kept on a boatlift, which I just had reinstalled due to the damage, with cover on top. Now I will have to put in a third bunk for the tritons.
The other options I wanted was the anchor power pole, captain’s chair with added riser ( even though helm is raised) and safety guard rail around the SB. Maybe they will throw these in if I offer a decent price. I’ve never driven with the power steering so looking forward to that. This will be interesting because I really want this boat lol. I can tweak the speaker system later if I sell a couple of kids. Thanks and have a great weekend!

The 26LX is an amazing Benny, LOVE mine. I believe the LX represents the best balance between cost and features (assuming you can stretch the budget that far - mine doubled from the day I started shopping).

Other Items:
  • Second Batter as noted.
  • If you live in a wet area and will leave the Benny outside - consider having the bilge bump wired directly to a battery (the monsoons were flooding my Benny even though it was covered - hit the front of the boat and drained out the back, with a LOT of water creeping into the center toon)
  • RGB Lights - that should already include the interior speakers.
  • With kids, the swingback rail is needed (though eventually i want to customize mine) so they can sit on the lounger when underway.
  • Double Bimini for us is crucial (mostly 110 degrees plus all summer).
  • The 300 should already have power steering.
  • We got a second table - one for the front and one for the back. Easy add.
  • We like our front Filler Seat - though often it is in front of the side door - it's a bit of a pain to move around, but the extra storage is nice and makes the front area fantastic for larger gatherings.
  • We opted for the Co-Captain over the L Bench - that was a KEY change for the Wife, much more important than we originally thought (I assume not an easy change if the bench seat, but FYI, and possibly easy but $$).
  • I love our Simrad, not familar with the Garmin - but see it often is spoken of more highly than the Simrad.
  • I have been happy with the standard stereo system, but certainly will be an upgrade at somepoint.
  • We have used the Privacy Curtain a few times - though I modified it, the bracket takes up way too much room in the SB Lounger.
  • Your pricing seems reasonable, but I have seen deals with a 20% reduction.
  • Depending on how much you trailer, that will be important to consider. I spent extra on a custom trailer for easier loading and the occasional long haul.

Enjoy!
Oh forgot to ask. What size is your center tube? And did not realize these had bilge pumps. I have never used one

The rail around the swing back can probably be added, but then the cover would have to be altered as well. I have the esp package and a digital yamaha f300. Im sure you will enjoy how it handles.

I won’t need a cover for the boat. I’m having a canopy installed above the boat lift.

I have a roof over my boat which stays on a lift. I still cover my boat every day to help keep the bugs off of the interior. It's not a must, but helps to keep the interior looking new without as much cleaning.

Julianna, it sounds like a pretty darn nice boat and I suspect that the sea trial will bear that out. I can imagine that Tuesday can’t come quick enough!

Lol yes I am sooo excited. Like a kid in a candy store. The engine has 0 hours on it so we will have to break it in. I want to get to hour 3 so I can at least go full throttle for a few minutes…back and forth.

Oh forgot to ask. What size is your center tube? And did not realize these had bilge pumps. I have never used one

The ESP's have the 32" elliptical center toons, really pushes up the turning performance! Take a look at https://www.kellysport.com/, they have several Benny's listed with what appears to be some great pricing.

Back