2023 Bennington Fuel Cap

Itsbdam

Reaction score
Any suggestions for fueling at the dock from a Just Rite can with 5/8 spout? These new fuel caps are miserable on the 2023s if you are fueling at a private dock!

Super Siphon . They are available on Amazon

I use a harbor freight fuel pump $12. I did have one go bad so I’m in for about $22 total for 14 months use.

I use a harbor freight fuel pump $12. I did have one go bad so I’m in for about $22 total for 14 months use.

You’re a better man than me. I love my Harbor Freight deals, but HF, electric and gas …. I’m a little scared of that combo.

Oh, I get that totally.
I almost wrote about the concern in the above post. The battery and motor are a good ways apart from the pumping part. It has a long shaft that goes down to the impeller. I made sure the batteries always make firm contact with the contacts and therefore eliminating a chance of spark there. I’m very comfortable that it is a safe operation. Of course nothing is safer than no electricity, but not holding a 5 gallon can to siphon is nice. It pumps 5 gallons in 2 minutes or so. (I timed it but don’t remember the time)
I’m on a lift and carry pump and some towels out to boat in a 5 gal bucket. I then use that bucket to hold the 5 gal while I pump.
Fuel yesterday was $4.03 for marine gas and regular was $3.05. I get my gas at Wawa or 7-11.
I was using nothing but reg gas, (with no issues) but am switching to marine fuel. No particular reason.

Back