2023 College football thread

I lean Ducks in this one after they lost to Washington earlier this season. But Washington does have that playoff spot on the line too. This could be an exciting one that goes down to the wire.
I can see the Ducks winning. But I don't see them covering.

Michigan over Iowa by 22
Your thoughts?
I'll take Big Blue and give the points.
This one's over before halftime.
I hear you on this one…but 22 points? I could easily see it happen, and I could see Iowa’s D play with vigor given that bulletin board material point spread.

Must be nice for U of M to play the 4th best team in the BigTEN in the Championship…lol. At least they already proved themselves against the 2nd and 3rd best teams. Michigan big!

I honestly think Georgia will take it all again this year. Back in September, I wasn’t sure with some of their games. But now…yup. Georgia all the way through the Championship is my pick.

I simply don’t follow those other conferences and teams enough to have any good opinions on the other games.

It's a crying shame that this one isn't on network TV......

If you have ESPN Plus I highly recommend tuning in!

I want to pick App State over Troy, but this is probably my least confident pick.
App St. defense literally shutdown JMU's offense for 3 1/2 quarters. Pick 'em!!!

Rare but nice. However, I see no need for improvement from Indiana football. None. They were the only team that finished below MSU in the East this year…lol

Last edited:
Could the SEC be denied of a College playoff berth?
Can Bama jump from 8 to a top 4 seed? They lost to Texas who won the Big 12.
Does Georgia drop from 1 out of the 4 top places?

If FSU holds on and is currently ranked 4th, how do they fall out?
Michigan 13-0 Conf champs
Washington 13-0 Conf champs
FSU 13-0 Conf champs (with 3 string QB)
Texas 12-1 Conf champs and beat Bama.

What do you do ???? Gonna be some pissed off people tomorrow for sure

Could the SEC be denied of a College playoff berth?
Can Bama jump from 8 to a top 4 seed? They lost to Texas who won the Big 12.
Does Georgia drop from 1 out of the 4 top places?

If FSU holds on and is currently ranked 4th, how do they fall out?
Michigan 13-0 Conf champs
Washington 13-0 Conf champs
FSU 13-0 Conf champs (with 3 string QB)
Texas 12-1 Conf champs and beat Bama.

What do you do ???? Gonna be some pissed off people tomorrow for sure
Gonna be interesting!

Tough situation. Maybe they got the best four selected. Maybe not. All 6 of those teams deserve to be in it, and only room for four of them. I like the 12 team playoff coming next year better. Always going to have debate on who’s left out at #13, but by then you’ve insured the most deserving are in. Some great games coming up. I’d hate to be an FSU fan. It’d be frustrating.

Last edited:
Perfect example of why the playoffs MUST be expanded!
No team, regardless of conference, should go undefeated and not have the opportunity to find out just where their ceiling is.

Undefeated ACC Conference Champion Florida St. should be in the Top 4. Period!

Back