2023 College football thread

Here is my final thought
The CFP is all about money and ratings. Its not about the best 4 teams.

So FSU is not good enough to goto the CFP because of their QB issue. That was flat out stated by Boo Coorigan and the committee during the reveal. They are not the same team without their QB. Exact words from the committee.

I can understand that. Maybe.

However, the CFP committee is saying a FSU team with a 2nd string QB is better then a Georgia team by ranking FSU 5 and Georgia 6th?

And if you thought FSU wasn't the same team when their QB Travis went down 3 weeks ago, shouldn't you have ranked them differently?

On Oct 31st FSU was a 4th seed.. They kept that 4th ranking until Nov 21st when they dropped to 5th after their QB went out but still won the game.

Then after winning against Florida, they moved back to the 4th ranked team in the nation. Then they win they conf championship and then fall to 5th behind Alabama.

Yet a Georgia team who has won 29 games in a row, lost to Alabama and fell from 1 to 6th is not as good as a FSU team with a backup QB?

This is just wrong. No arguments make sense on why FSU is not in and Bama is except money and ratings

I think it boils down to having FSU in meant no SEC team. It seems like there is a strong SEC bias in general in the playoffs and bowls. Not going to say it hasn’t been earned, I mean just look at Bama (and recently Georgia) over the last 15 or so years.

…But as bad as FSU looked in their Championship game (and they looked atrocious!), I’m not surprised they got nixed given the SEC not otherwise getting in ramifications.

Not saying it’s right or anything. But hard to imagine them leaving the SEC totally out of it IF there was even the slightest argument for putting the SEC champ into the mix.

I’m looking forward to the expanded playoffs next year. Guarantee all the top teams, and then most of the next rung down teams, get into the playoff and have a shot.

Undefeated and not getting in as the ACC champ…good golly!

I think it boils down to having FSU in meant no SEC team. It seems like there is a strong SEC bias in general in the playoffs and bowls. Not going to say it hasn’t been earned, I mean just look at Bama (and recently Georgia) over the last 15 or so years.

…But as bad as FSU looked in their Championship game (and they looked atrocious!), I’m not surprised they got nixed given the SEC not otherwise getting in ramifications.

Not saying it’s right or anything. But hard to imagine them leaving the SEC totally out of it IF there was even the slightest argument for putting the SEC champ into the mix.

I’m looking forward to the expanded playoffs next year. Guarantee all the top teams, and then most of the next rung down teams, get into the playoff and have a shot.

I agree they did look pretty bad! But..... They still won! Their defense has been carrying them! Most teams would look like S--t if you started your 3rd string QB as a game time decision!

3rd string freshman QB at that. I felt bad for that kid…he was not ready for the big lights yet.

I don't think that the Villanova @ SDSU game will be exciting. Jacks should be well in control before halftime.
Earlier in the season the Coyotes went to Fargo and beat the Bison in their house. NDSU played like dung that day and I think we'll see a motivated Bison team win this one by two scores.
I don't know a thing about either team in tonight's game, but I'll take Idaho simply because their conference is a tougher one.
I'll pull for Army as well.

Much closer game than expected then. 10-9 at half, and final was 17-9. I guess that’s why they strap up an play the games. You never know sometimes.

Much closer game than expected then. 10-9 at half, and final was 17-9. I guess that’s why they strap up an play the games. You never know sometimes.
The Jacks are the real deal. Hard to see it today in those conditions.
Today is as good as I've seen the Bison play! Hope they can keep that momentum rolling!

Boy…that was some 4th quarter in the Army-Navy game. Navy just about pulled off a heck of a come back.

No doubt the SEC has been the powerhouse as the National Champion since the CFP was instated. But I think this is the first year there has been no undefeated SEC team picked for the final 4. I might be wrong though.

FSU looked bad in the ACC championship game and yes it was with a 3rd string QB, but they won. If they made the CFP, they'd at least have their 2nd string QB back. However, a 1 loss Bama team had a 4th and 31 hail mary to win against a non ranked Auburn team.

Had Bama lost, they would have been 10-2 and no way gets in . SO that leaves Georgia 1, Michigan 2, Washington 3 and does FSU get in 4th over a 1 loss Texas team?

You’re correct. First time ever an undefeated didn’t make the playoff since its inception. I guess an inglorious ending to the four team playoff.

I'm behind ya... Living in Ohio as a transplant, I'll root for the Spartans rather than the maize and blue...

but, as an alum, Roar Lions Roar! ;)

iu

How I used to dream of playing college football. I just didn't have enough time for this. I even kind of freaked out and started looking for how to write an autobiography essay, found how to start an autobiography essay and it saved me. I had a job, courses and training. If there was also football, I would simply die.
I support you!

Last edited:
Holy ugly game!
Anyone watching this U Albany at SDSU game?

Holy ugly game!
Anyone watching this U Albany at SDSU game?
I did...was an absolute massacre. Alby couldn't have rolled that ball across the line on a 2nd and inches if the field was built on the side of a hill.

Dang Bill…sorry about NDSU’s loss. Watched the game and thought they were going to take it in OT. So close!!! Their loss aside, it was a heck of an exciting 4th quarter and 2 OT,

Back