2023 College football thread

Thanks Jeff!
six weeks ago we weren't sure they'd even make the playoffs, so losing in the semis is further than most thought they'd get.
I don't see SDSU having any problem with Montana.

Dang Bill…sorry about NDSU’s loss. Watched the game and thought they were going to take it in OT. So close!!! Their loss aside, it was a heck of an exciting 4th quarter and 2 OT,
When Montana converted that 2 pt. conversion after it bounced off several defenders.... I think it was meant to be for Montana! Good comeback for the Bison though!

It was a good season by most metrics. Frustrating to play that poorly yesterday. That said, don't expect an exciting championship game. SDSU is where NDSU once was, an obvious notch above their FBS peers. Hopefully attrition and the portal affects them more negatively that others and the playing field will be level again. OK, if I'm being honest I don't want a level field, I want it advantage Bison!

Big Kahuna, good luck to JMU against AF today, and congrats on an outstanding season!!!

Anybody else think that EMU player should be spending Christmas in Jail? What a disgrace to himself and the program. Inexcusable.

Congrats Daril! That was some game by Maryland. Talk about taking charge out of the gate. Great win!!!

Thank God this is the last 4 team CFP. It is such a joke. The best team in football was seeded 6. One loss in 3 years. Also, look for Bama to beat Mich.. If you weren't in the final 4, many teams lost about half their players to the portal or the draft process. FSU was one of them. But everyone knew Georgia was at another level. Yes, Bama beat Georgia, and they LOST to Texas. For the record, I hope Mich. wins it all, but I just don't see it.

Last edited:
Due to the timing of the portal, how final seedings unfolded in the four team layout, and NIL, some of these bowl matchups are so frustrating. Some otherwise great teams are a pale shadow of their regular season selves! :(

Minimally, the timing of the transfer portal window really needs to be bumped to AFTER the national championship game. That matched with the 12 team playoff format would be great.

As for rooting for Michigan…not with cheating Jimmy at the helm. Just can’t do it this year - which is a first for me in the post season for a Big 10 team. I just cannot cheer for a team that has been flagrantly bending the rules for the past 3 seasons, NOT coincidently timed with their rise back onto the national stage. :mad:

How’s that go: ”Roll Tide, Roll!” ;)

My brother is alumni and flew out to LA to go to the game with his step son who lives out there. My brother has never been to a bowl game so it should be a great experience for him - IF Michigan wins. Luckily his daughter in law can drop them off and pick them up since getting to and from the Rose Bowl is such a PITA.

My brother is alumni and flew out to LA to go to the game with his step son who lives out there. My brother has never been to a bowl game so it should be a great experience for him - IF Michigan wins. Luckily his daughter in law can drop them off and pick them up since getting to and from the Rose Bowl is such a PITA.

Jealous! I'm sure it'll be a heck of experience, regardless of which team wins. I'm still standing by my original prediction that Alabama pulls off a W.
If the Wolverines pull off the miracle win, then I predict Texas vs Michigan in the CPF championship game.

I really think both playoff game match ups will be great games. And frankly, I think any combination of victories equals a good National Championship game. All four teams are looking pretty good in my mind. I had originally thought Georgia would pull off the three-peat, so I’m unsure how these games will shake out.

Last edited:
Tough loss today to LSU Bill. I really thought the Badgers had them. Sad ending given the entirety of the game. That said, one of the more exciting bowl games so far this year. Very competitive.

Back