21' Elliptical toon water issue

I’ve let it be for now as it’s never been enough water that it’s been an issue. Of course I say that and this summer it’ll start listing or riding lower.
Hey Davey. So you're saying that whatever water that are in your toons usually works it's way out by the end of summer?!? Curious to see how it's getting in. When we suspected water in our starboard toon we put it back on the trailer and it didn't sound like much water sloshing around. But when the welder drilled a hole in the bottom to drain it out it gushed out for several minutes! There may be more water in there than you think!

Hey Davey. So you're saying that whatever water that are in your toons usually works it's way out by the end of summer?!? Curious to see how it's getting in. When we suspected water in our starboard toon we put it back on the trailer and it didn't sound like much water sloshing around. But when the welder drilled a hole in the bottom to drain it out it gushed out for several minutes! There may be more water in there than you think!
My guess is that, because we usually wait the very end of boating season to pull the boat from the lake, the water drains out or evaporates. Most years the boat sits up on Sea Legs for a good month with no use and then gets driven straight to the landing to get pulled. I really need to do a detailed inspection of the toons before she goes back in the water.

Can anyone here give me a phone number of someone I can actually talk to at Bennington that might be able to help me? I filed a report through their website this morning but I have no idea what they have for response time and I'm at my wits' end with the dealer who sold me my Benny new in 2017. Athough they admit that Bennington wants to replace the pontoons, the dealer "I can't find anyone to do that job"! Summer ends quickly up here in the Northeast and I want my boat back.

I have/had water in mine, dealer welded it for a temporary fix . There is no phone number for warranty . The email you sent is the best way to contact them

Thanks, Jack. I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that Bennington will respond to my issue sooner than later. We only have maybe another 8 to 10 weeks of decent pontoon weather up here before it's time to put it away for the winter.

It's like that in Michigan too . That's why I agreed to a temporary fix and a replacement in the fall.
Bennington usually responds in a day or so . Good Luck keep us posted.

My guess is due to your location, like here in Michigan, you may end up down for some time UNLESS someone locally can give a temporary repair like Jack above pending pontoon replacement in the off season. Between shortage of labor to do such work, AND your short boating season like here in Michigan which equates to severe backlogs in ”new” boat repairs, it could be a season ending situation…or a majority of season ending situation.

For different problems, we suffered the same last year. Lost 100% of the entire season…taking 11 months and 3 weeks to complete all repairs and return our boat. Simply. The. Worst. Ugh!

Back