21 ssbx curved ladder replacement

t_revc27

Reaction score
Looking to see if anyone knows of a way to get a decent priced 21 ssbx rear curved 4 step ladder. Mine got messed up from bad weather causing it to hit ground and bend it. Dealer said it's $1400 dollars for a new one. IMG_0307.jpeg

Yikes! Sorry to hear about the loss and $1,400 for new one. I wonder if a better option would be to look at after-market options. I upgraded my old boat ladder with a nice telescope 4 step unit that worked fine although it didn’t have the cool curved look. Or maybe a local blacksmith could repair damaged one?

Yea that's what I'm thinking if I can't find something comparable. Really just want the holes to match up so I don't have random holes in my deck.

Any option to have it repaired? Might require a new hinge that perhaps the dealer or aftermarket can supply for a fraction of the cost.

But a SS telescoping ladder would look premium for sure, and likely avoid future damage if properly constructed.

Contact Bearcat Industries.
www.bearcatcorp.com

They have been making the Bennington ladders for quite a few years, and you can get one from them at a fraction of the cost from the dealer. They even have "seconds" with a slight blemish that cost even less. I've been happy with mine, and I believe others on the site have ordered from them as well and were satisfied. It will look exactly the same as the one you have pictured.

I just called Bearcat and they were extremely resistant to acknowledging they made the arched ladder for Bennington. Is there anything specific or a different boating company that has the same dimensions. Thanks!

You can call or email Bennington .

BENNINGTON United States & Canada: 888-906-2628

I just called Bearcat and they were extremely resistant to acknowledging they made the arched ladder for Bennington. Is there anything specific or a different boating company that has the same dimensions. Thanks!
Yes I did the same and am looking for a similar ladder cheaper then $1500

The Bearcat receptionist informed me that they could potentially work with me in the offseason (winter) to custom fabricate a four step arched ladder but per her messaging they are not fabricating these due to the workload on other projects.

I know Lillypad is making a nice flip up ladder that I believe you can order as an option to replace the curved ladders on newer boats. You can also buy independently to install separately. Looks nicer and all. I eye’d a switch, but my current curved ladder is fine. Maybe look up Lillypad on line or call them and inquire about it.

That said, I don’t know if it fits/covers over where all the brackets and supports are with the current curved ladders or not. I never got that far as my ladder is still doing well.

It is called the Lillypad Revo Ladder. URL:

Lillypad Revo Ladder

From their website:​

REVO Ladders are currently not available for aftermarket installation.

From their website:​

REVO Ladders are currently not available for aftermarket installation.

Good grief. I thought they were originally, but hadn’t looked too closely since here about them when they first came out. Sorry for sharing a useless option. Jack’s suggestion above for great lakes skipper could very well pan out. Good luck!

Back