2250 GBR Counter top adhesive

tennesseetacoma

Reaction score
Hi all,

We have a 2016 2250GBR that lives on the water with the factory mooring cover. When I took the cover off this weekend I noticed that the countertop just behind the captains chair shifted when I touched it. Curious, I checked and confirmed that it was completely loose. I picked up the counter and found that it is not bolted or screwed, but simply glued to the fiberglass structure with a few circles of black adhesive that is no longer doing its job.

For what it's worth, the previous owners told me that this countertop had been replaced once under warranty. This seems true as it's a slightly different shade of brown than the other counters on the boat.

Does anyone know what type of adhesive Bennington uses for this application, or have a suggestion for a good alternative?

I have a feeling that heat build-up under the cover may be contributing to this issue, so I plan to add a fan to help keep things cool under there in the future.

100% silicone is the standard for granite and quartz counter tops. I just ripped out my granite counter tops that have been in for about 15 years and that stuff was tenacious. I would use that. Put a big dollop near each corner. Just don't put so much it oozes out.

Agree with Sunedog, a generous amount of silicone adhesive! Or...... Gorilla glue!!!

Back