2275 GLi

NewbBenn

Reaction score
My wife and I are looking for out first boat and I am requesting some help. I have found a 2010 2275 GLi ESP TriToon with Yamaha 150HP with 51 hours. It also has kick speaker upgrade, dual batteries with switch, trailer, cover, Garmin 95 fishfinder as well as other options. Since we are new to boating I was wanting to get some ideas of what a good price would be for this boat.

You should go to NADA.com and use this as a guide for making an offer. This site is specific to your area based on your zipcode. You enter each manufacturer seperatly for the boat and motor, year, model, and options. You have to scroll down to see pontoon. Just the boat with the equipment you identified show $21,048 to $21,165. I have to assume the engine is a LF150TXR - 4 stroke. This shows to be worth $10,615 to $15,350. Trailer should be $2,200 - $2,500 range.

Add all this together and you have a ball park range. Keep in mind this is based on my zip code. You have to add a value for any additional equipment he might be throwing in. As long as you are happy that is all that matters. You will love a Bennington, I have a 2010 2275SFI with a 90 Yamaha. It runs plenty fast for me around 23-24 mph and will pull tubers with ease. Not a speed demon but gets us there comfortably.

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
That does help, thanks alot. Right now they are asking $35,800.00 for this. I have checked NADA but wanted to ask some Bennington Experts about the deal before going any further. As I stated I am a total newb when it comes to boating so I wanted some input from actual boaters and boat purchasers. Just don't want to overpay if this boat should be less since I don't know.

That seems high to me, I priced a new 2011 2275GLi ESP with a 150 merc Verado last summer for less than that.(without trailer)

That does help, thanks alot. Right now they are asking $35,800.00 for this. I have checked NADA but wanted to ask some Bennington Experts about the deal before going any further. As I stated I am a total newb when it comes to boating so I wanted some input from actual boaters and boat purchasers. Just don't want to overpay if this boat should be less since I don't know.

I've never paid NADA for a used car. Always under. Not bragging, just saying. Those values in the NADA books are based on information DEALERS provide NADA. It says so right in the book. There is VERY strong incentive for dealers to provide NADA with HIGHER numbers than someone actually paid.

Am I suggesting car dealers would do such a thing? Am I actually accusing them of doing this? There's very few things in life that I am certain about, but one is ALL used car dealers are crooks. Except those that might be member of this forum, that is! :D

I don't know about boats, but I don't trust the NADA books on cars. To me, it's the absolute max ceiling price you should pay if you are totally in love with the car. I did that once. I bought a 7 year old Mustang GT with 5,000 miles on it. Mint condition. Never saw rain, let alone snow (I bought it from a dealer, but I called the original owner that was listed on the car's title before I made an offer). I ended up paying the exact NADA book value for it, and while I was driving home, and thinking about the negotiation, I began to put certain pieces together, and I think the dealer was WAY too happy to sell me that car at that price. The car was mint, still had factory chalk marks on the suspension, and even though I paid "book" for it, I'm certain I got screwed on price.

So, just my two cents. I have no idea if this translates to NADA for BOATS or not. I would think so, if dealers are where they get their price info.

I'm not saying don't use NADA. It's still a good tool to use as an indicator on price. I'm only saying I would target my max price at something under the NADA price.

Just an update (as I love this site and I don't even have my Bennington, YET). After doing some more looking around my wife has fallin in love with the Rear Facing lounges so now this boat is a no go LOL. So RCW and GCW a shopping we shall go LOL. Thank you for all the responses and a sorry as well.

Back