2275RL / Yamaha 115 trim issues cavitating : /

I have a 15 on my 200 and love it.

@Bigtime57 know this is an older thread but can we talk a little more about that prop cha ge you did. I am having the same exact issues with the basically the same exact boat and getting the same figures. Wild

You can send him a PM .

I didn't see a new thread for your topic .

Click on the members name, then start conversation.

He was last active on the forum in May ,so hopefully you will get a response.

Yessir. I appreciate it. Ours situations sound extremely similar with same exact toon and setup. This is my wife and I first boat and we have been on the water every weekend since we bought it. We love our 2006 bennington 2275rl.
Also, read the OP’s update, post #26 in this thread (copied below). That appears to be what they did: lowered motor & replaced prop.

Update on my prop/ motor issues...... I lowered the engine down 1 hole and I ended up going with a Solas 13.75 x 13p stainless prop and my 2275RL went from 21 mph 5500 WOT and 0 trim capability to 26 mph and 6000 WOT and 1/2-3/4 trim option ..... I was shocked at how much better this boat feels and pulls thru the RPM range ......and even more shocked that the speed gained 5 mph!! Yes i know the water / weather has some to do with those speed increases...but still very pleased

If you don’t hear back from them, the above seems to be what solved their issues.

Also, read the OP’s update, post #26 in this thread (copied below). That appears to be what they did: lowered motor & replaced prop.

If you don’t hear back from them, the above seems to be what solved their issues.
Yessir.... I seen that as well. Just wanted to make sure that there wasn't maybe anything else he may have encountered after that part that he could possibly add to or advise against. Thank you as well

Glad it all worked out. If you look at post 6…I kinda gave the same answer that worked. Not looking for the credit but it shouldn’t have taken so long to get the result the dealer should have gotten for you.

Back