22scx

stormtiger

Reaction score
Hello everyone 

Just bought a 2016 22scx with yamaha 150. I was wondering if anyone knew why the center pontoon has an opening at the rear ? Is it for fuel tank cooling and as the boat accelerates does the water flows out ? 

Thanks 

Sounds good, not sure why exactly, but yes the water will somewhat empty, not all of it.  i imagine they just don't want to put the extra time and material in to sealing it when it is not necessary.  If you trailer it will all empty out then.  That is the transom part of the boat, the actual end of the tube is sealed in front of the gas tank.  

They wouldn't be able to seal it totally with the gas tank option in the middle(fumes), so it's open so the water can flow in and out. 

Hello everyone 

Just bought a 2016 22scx with yamaha 150. I was wondering if anyone knew why the center pontoon has an opening at the rear ? Is it for fuel tank cooling and as the boat accelerates does the water flows out ? 

Thanks 

Regardless of "why", you will want to consider putting a screen over the holes as apparently muskrats love to climb through and chew your cables. Use the search function on this site to find all about such damage! Never occurred to me and I escaped last season without a problem but some have not been so lucky. 

Hello everyone 

Thanks 

congratulations-png-22.png

Wishing You Years of Amazing Memories 

Back