23 RSB Blackout picked up today!

Very nice! Congrats! Love the Swingback! No safety rails???

Looks great, congrats!

Beautiful Boat!! Congrats!!

Very nice! Congrats! Love the Swingback! No safety rails???
Nope....didn't like the way they looked, and they really restrict access and the use of the back of the boat. And, if responsible adults want to ride back there while cruising in decent conditions, it's ok with me...sorry for being a rebel ...not really sorry ;-)

Gorgeous boat, congrats. After it's broke in let us know the top speed, I'm curious what the SPS hull does with a 175.
I know it will go at least 40 with full gas, but may do up to 43 or so. I'll let you know. I put a little over 2 hours on it so far, so I was able to run it up a little.

Beautiful boat, enjoy!

Beautiful boat Chris! I know on this site the saying is buy your last boat first. As much as I love my 22SSBXP, I hope it is not my last boat because when I grow up I want a Benny exactly like your build! Lol

You will absolutely love the swingback functionality. I think my wife and I spend more time lounging back there all summer than we do in the rest of the boat. And I also agree on your choice of no safety rails. Like you said, the appearance is much better without the rails and access to/from the rear section is so much easier. And yes, I do allow responsible adults back there while under slow/moderate cruising speeds.

Love the look of the swingback without the keeper rail.

Boating on the lower Colorado, you can not sit back there while underway without the keeper rail. So needless to say, ours has it.

I suppose after a while you get used to it. My wife and I spend most of our time lounging back there also.

Beautiful boat, but I have to give a contrary opinion on the Swingback keep rail. We really like the look of the rail on ours and on other people’s swingback boats. Different strokes for different folks. ;)

In MI you must have the rail or no one (whether they are responsible adults or not) can be back there when under way. :eek:

Are you sure in your state this is not a problem as well? I get that different states have different ordinances, but I’d hate to see someone get some kind of citation when it is avoidable. :)

Beautiful boat, but I have to give a contrary opinion on the Swingback keep rail. We really like the look of the rail on ours and on other people’s swingback boats. Different strokes for different folks.

I agree Jeff...

Even with the Blackout Package, that little bit of stainless steel adds a pop...

I know it will go at least 40 with full gas, but may do up to 43 or so. I'll let you know. I put a little over 2 hours on it so far, so I was able to run it up a little.

A big congratulations, great looking rig. Love the blackout and black 175 Yamaha with silver overlay on top. Works great with the ski tow. Hope our swing back with rail and ski tow give us a similar look. We decked out a new 23 SSBXP the same way and cannot wait to get it next week. Wanted to do some advertising for Bennington so we opted for the swing back with the lighted Bennington and speakers toped off with the stainless steel railing and black ladder to stay with the blackout pkg.

Keep us updated on the performance as we had to make a tuff decision between the 200hp and 175. The savings allowed us to add a few options most important the hydraulic assist steering. What prop are you using to hit the 40mph or greater? If we get something close to 40mph with a crew of four we will know we made the right decision.

Congrats! Lovely craft!

Like it way, way, WAAAAAY better without the rails around the rear lounge. It looks cleaner and more elegant. It looks way better than the ones I've seen that have the rails; they just clutter the stern and would get in the way when you're anchored or docked and lounging/swimming.

Keep us updated on the performance as we had to make a tuff decision between the 200hp and 175. The savings allowed us to add a few options most important the hydraulic assist steering. What prop are you using to hit the 40mph or greater? If we get something close to 40mph with a crew of four we will know we made the right decision.
Stock aluminum prop. The dealer said there is no difference in top speed between 175 VMax and F200. I think better hole shot with the 175 VMax too. You should be high 30s with 4 on board I think. I may get a chance to take mine out this evening. The hydraulic steering pump is very quiet, contrary to some folks’ experiences. You can only slightly hear it at idle. Congrats! I’m sure you’ll love it.

Chris,Have you an update on the speed and noise after break-in.

Sharp boat! I can't wait for delivery of our new Benny 23SSBXB SPS. Unfortunately there is still ice on the lakes here in MN. Delivery is scheduled for May 1 so hopefully ice is off by then!

Back