2350 RBR yamaha 225 vmax sho

jsur

Reaction score
Not as fast as I would have liked. 2 adults, 2 kids, half tank gas. Saltwater series II 15 1/2 inch, 17 pitch, top speed 41mph, rpm 5400-5500

16p Enertia should do the trick.

Are you trimming the motor way up, and getting the nosecones out of the water? 

Is your motor fully broken in?  (That's very important on any SHO.)

Are you running with a heavy load, including a full tank of gas?

Is your motor flat on the transom or is it setup 3/4" or so? 

Are you getting prop ventilation at any speeds?

I would think you're short somewhat of your speed potential.

My 24SSLX is a lighter boat, but I'm within 1 mph of you @ 150 hp.  My boat really comes alive @ 30 mph and more.  But of course I don't have the ESP hull.

Are you trimming the motor way up, and getting the nosecones out of the water?

Is your motor fully broken in? (That's very important on any SHO.)

Are you running with a heavy load, including a full tank of gas?

Is your motor flat on the transom or is it setup 3/4" or so?

Are you getting prop ventilation at any speeds?

I would think you're short somewhat of your speed potential.

My 24SSLX is a lighter boat, but I'm within 1 mph of you @ 150 hp. My boat really comes alive @ 30 mph and more. But of course I don't have the ESP hull.[/quote

At about hour 6 of break in. I did the appropriate 2 hour one and really have not had it wide open for more than a minute or two (manual says no more than 5). I did trim it way up. 1/2 tank of gas. Not sure about the transom mount, will have to check in a few days. No prop ventilation.

On the SHO break in:  You really need to run the tee total hell out of your motor after the first initial couple of hours.  4 strokes run very cold, and it's very important to get the rings properly broken in.  And part of that is not being shy about throwing the pedal to the metal.

It's very important to watch your oil level very closely on the dipstick.  Most owners strive to be midway between low and high oil levels on the dipstick, as they can watch their oil levels better from there.  And be careful removing your cowling because they don't float and they also cost a small fortune.

If your oil level rises very much, see your dealer.

On the SHO break in: You really need to run the tee total hell out of your motor after the first initial couple of hours. 4 strokes run very cold, and it's very important to get the rings properly broken in. And part of that is not being shy about throwing the pedal to the metal.

It's very important to watch your oil level very closely on the dipstick. Most owners strive to be midway between low and high oil levels on the dipstick, as they can watch their oil levels better from there. And be careful removing your cowling because they don't float and they also cost a small fortune.

If your oil level rises very much, see your dealer.
Can you explain some more about the reasoning behind checking the oil on the water?

If not broken in properly there is a slight possibility that an engine "makes oil". This could be seen as an increase in oil level when you check it.

Back