2375rcw Sport Arch F250 3.3

buckeyelake

Reaction score
Ok I am seeing about 42mph at 6000rpm and wondering if this setup should be faster. I have researched props but came across recommendations for mounting height. The consensus is that the cavitation plate should be just on top of the water when on plane. When I look at mine it is at least 3 in underwater, can't see it.

If I raise it does anyone have an idea on what impact it will have? Thoughts?

I have a similar boat with same power and I'm just getting 40 mph. I have no idea about the impact of adjusting the c plate.

Raising it too high can cause excessive cavitation, especially in turns. The other risk is that at high trim settings water pickup is reduced and the engine doesn't get cooling water. If it's 3" under that's definitely way too far. I posted video's a while back on what this should look like.

Remember the weight of the Arch .

The arch has to weight as much as 2  additional adults  compared to the standard bimini 

I have a 2375 Sport Arch with a 150 ,got to 36 with freshly cleaned toons ( half tank of gas )  Wednesday 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I am seeing about 42mph at 6000rpm and wondering if this setup should be faster. I have researched props but came across recommendations for mounting height. The consensus is that the cavitation plate should be just on top of the water when on plane. When I look at mine it is at least 3 in underwater, can't see it.

If I raise it does anyone have an idea on what impact it will have? Thoughts?
I have the 2275 RCW with Sport Tower and the 250 SHO, with wife and I out full fuel I was hitting 44. I'd have to look back, I thought last year I had it to 46, and mine will weigh a lot more with full tower and my extra gear and batteries I would think. 

Back