24SL Tritoon 115 to 150

wellcraft2

Reaction score
I have a 2010 24SL tritoon with a Yamaha 115. What’s the difference in performance going to a 150? Has anybody swapped from a 115 to a 150? I have anywhere from 6-12 people on board and the 115 doesn’t have enough power when it’s fully loaded with 12.

I agree with basshawk84, I also have had both and the 150 seems to be smoother and quieter.

Ditto above comments. Where it is even more noticeable as you go up in HP is when you have a weighted down boat as you mention. I honeslty think if someone is spending up to go with the tritoon, they should just start with a 150HP motor or higher. Why bother with the extra expense of the tritoon, and leave most of its capable on the table with a 115HP or less…?

Ohhhhhhhhhh bitch. Don't even get me started on that 115... You and me will be Benny brothers, I can tell you that right now.

Do a search on some of my past posts on this very topic. Back around 2013, give or take.

If I'd had the money back then, I'd have sunk my 115 in the deep end of the lake instead of trading it in on a 150. Grrrrr.

Last edited:
Had both.....I agree! 115hp to 150hp increase doesn't sound like much but its like driving a 6 cylinder in an old Impala versus same car with a 283 V8. Just looking at the outside engine dimensions shows a big size difference so more robust components and torque. You can make a 115hp pull tubers, etc but you are forcing it to give 100% where the 150 will be easily giving you performance without pulling a groin muscle...lol :cool:

No one has ever said " I wish I had less HP "

Here's the old thread.

One nice thing about the 150 is it uses less gas for any given mph compared to the 115.

Thanks for the info. Next question what is cost to upgrade? I already have hydraulic steering. Should I try to find a dealer to “trade in” my 115 or try to sell it on my own? What’s the best way to get the swap done?

Ask your dealer .
In 2015 ,on my 2014 ,I was trying to upgrade from a 150 to a 200 . My dealer had someone one ordering a new Bennington ,that would have taken my 150 .But the cost for me to upgrade became too expensive when we realized that the controls also need needed to be upgraded to digital .

Thanks for the info. Next question what is cost to upgrade? I already have hydraulic steering. Should I try to find a dealer to “trade in” my 115 or try to sell it on my own? What’s the best way to get the swap done?
The transfer process is why I traded it in. I'm not strong enough to manhandle it off the back of my boat and put it in his trunk.

Ohhhhhhhhhh bitch. Don't even get me started on that 115... You and me will be Benny brothers, I can tell you that right now.

Do a search on some of my past posts on this very topic. Back around 2013, give or take.

If I'd had the money back then, I'd have sunk my 115 in the deep end of the lake instead of trading it in on a 150. Grrrrr.
Hey there Kaydano. You still running that shamless plug for me on that Enertia prop? hahhaha. Hpe you are doing well. Tried to PM ya but it didn't work for some reason.
Reach out when you can
T

Back