2550 RBR with Yamaha SHO 250 results and questions

rnusr01

Reaction score
HI,

So now that the motor is broken in I had a chance to really see what she could do this weekend. I am happy with the results but maybe a few of you with more experience could make some suggestions.

I had 3 adults and 3 children on board air temp 80 and water temp 66 at WOT rpm was 6200 and top speed was 43 this is with a Yamaha SS2 15 3/4 x 15. I was thinking about going to a 15 3/4 x 17 for a bit more top speed but not sure if it is worth the cost and what additional top speed I would get. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

rnusr01

I would see what the boat does with just you in it and go from there. But looking at the numbers, 6200 with some weight on the boat,  a 16p Enertia would probably do just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 15 1/2 x 17 Saltwater series II is what was recommended. The 15 was what was recommended for my 200SHO. Unless that has changed since last year.

You are at the Rev limiter you should be running 5000-6000 rpm with the limiter at 6200. I would say you should go to the 17 pitch to drop some rpm

No ventilation the motor is a low as it can go and was thinking it could go up a hole or 2 as the plate is a bit under water even on plane. Thanks I will look at that doc

I didn't notice until just now that you had elipticals like I do. I have  a Yam 150 and it's hanging on hole #2. Had the boat out over Memorial Day weekend and took a good look at the depth of the anti-cavitation plate while I was running about 20 mph. It was just at the surface, you could see the entire plate. That made me very happy, as did the rest of the performance testing that I did while I was out.

I'm very glad that friends that came with me on a "short ride" were understanding as I collected data.

Chris

The OP (original posters) had the ESP triple toon package unlike your twin eliptical package.  That is how he is running a 250hp motor.

Just making sure we are compairing apples to apples.  BTW, I love my twin elip setup like yours. :)

No I have not tried any other props

Back