3 Gauge replacement with Garmin GPSMAP 743 or 742?

Cw78

Reaction score
Hi all!, wondering if anyone here has upgraded the stock 3 gauges (Tach, trim, fuel level) to a Garmin GPSMAP 743 or 742? If so, was it a straight forward installation? what parts were required? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I didn't replace/delete my stock Yamaha round gauges but did add a Garmin Echomap (Ultra 106sv) for charting, sonar and bottom imaging. I later added an N2K input from the engine to emulate all of that data. Below is a picture.

It's pretty rudimentary and not as slick as the Yamaha CL7 display.

E51B9AAB-88AD-4EB1-B719-DC3B721AC543.jpeg
9365632E-302F-4DDC-A0B3-5CC7501A524C.jpeg

Since you have the GPSMAP you can actually get the CL7 look with a J1939 cable that plugs into your Yamaha hub. Should be plug and play, check out this link.

I didn't replace/delete my stock Yamaha round gauges but did add a Garmin Echomap (Ultra 106sv) for charting, sonar and bottom imaging. I later added an N2K input from the engine to emulate all of that data. Below is a picture.

It's pretty rudimentary and not as slick as the Yamaha CL7 display.

View attachment 33428
View attachment 33429

Since you have the GPSMAP you can actually get the CL7 look with a J1939 cable that plugs into your Yamaha hub. Should be plug and play, check out this link.

thanks for posting! trying to figure out electronics on boats feels like I need a masters degree, lol

Back