303 fabric guard.

Crowbar

Reaction score
Just bought a butt load of fabric guard, thinking it was for the seats also! Just read DANGER*** do Not get on vinyl. So apparantly i need to be super careful when applying to carpet, that no overspray gets on the seats or bases??? Back to the store I guess for 303 aerospace protectant! Is everyone aware of this difference? Or am I just a dummy?

Not a dummy.  They are different products.  Now you have plenty to apply to the cover and Bimini. 

Yeah, it does get confusing when looking at their product line.

Just be careful when you apply the fabric guard, and clean off any overspray before you apply the vinyl protectant.  ;)

Is this really a "must do" in putting this on the Bimini top and mooring cover? Does it come with any built-in protection from the factory? Does everyone do this/have any experience with this product?

Just rembered that I had a tiny sample bottle that I got at a boat show that had maybe a inch left, i beleive I may have used some on a couple spots on seats!!! Now I need to soap & water the whole boat immediatly, and start over. I could not read any info on the sample bottle( too small)%^*+¥£€><~|\ yikes!!! Hope no damage has started. Not likeing this 303 so far! Better off leaving it home.

Is this really a "must do" in putting this on the Bimini top and mooring cover? Does it come with any built-in protection from the factory? Does everyone do this/have any experience with this product?
I don't think so, but the stuff does work awesome. We used it on patio cushions and water can sit on the all day and not get wet. Just runs off when you pick up the cushion. I wouldn't hesitate to use it, but not really required.

If you want your mooring cover and Bimini to last more than 5 years use it. I know the hard way. I bought used and had to replace both.  Not only the water proofing but it has UV protection that adds life to the material.

Here's how good the stuff works on our patio cushions.  The water was there for probably 8 hours (overnight) by the time I took the photo.  The brown spots are birch tree seeds the fell during the storm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon has it for $51/gal on prime today.

Thanks! Just ordered a gallon. That's the lowest price I've seen in a long time.

Take a visit to a marina after a rain and it is crystal clear who does and who does not have water repellent applied to their mooring cover! The ones WITH: the rain just rolls right off and covers are taut. The ones WITHOUT: are drooping in, obviously saturated. I can only believe the boats regularly without repellent are the first interiors to get mold and mildew. (my daughter questioned too why we needed to apply the 303 fabric guard, thinking we were being "over-protectant" and after visiting the marina she didn't ask again!)

Ditto - ordered another gallon. That's $12 less than the last time I bought a gallon.

Just bought a gallon also - plus the solo sprayer Jack M has recommended.

Just got an alert from camelcamelcamel.com $49.14!!

Just for the record, so us noobs know what to buy, what are the exact names of the products we need?  Which one for the vinyl and which one for the mooring and bimini and are there any more than the two products?

Also how much is needed to cover a pontoon?  A quart?  A gallon?

In my specific case what name of product and how much 303 to cover the mooring cover and bimini on a 25' pontoon?

Jack?  He is our Amazon and 303 guy

Nautical and Jeffrond:

We use the 303 Fabric Guard #30674* (gallon) for the canvas: bimini, bimini cover and mooring cover. (Last year it was called "303 High Tech Fabric Guard with Water Repellant" which made it easier to pick out). Here's a link to the 2015 product (Make sure it says "water repellancy technology": (Using a larger sprayer like a Solo or garden sprayer is much easier than hand spraying!)

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It took the full Gallon for our 22' so for a 25' I'd still get more if nothing else it can be saved till next year, you'll need to reapply

(PS: SHOP AROUND lately a gallon has been on sale for around $50 which is a good price)

We use the 303 Fabric/Vinyl Cleaner #30552* to clean upholstery from smudges, dirt, etc but ALSO regularly apply the 303 Aerospace Protectant #30350* to ward off UV rays and keep the seats soft and like brand new! (bought from pontoonstuff.com not Amazon so don't have the exact link handy). (a 32 oz spray bottle of each is good to get started-these last a while)

We use Mother's Marine Spray Wax #91824 for the fencing and motor cowling.

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps : ) It really is confusing

*EDITED TO ADD: unfortunately, the product numbers for the 303 items sometimes differ according to sizes, etc and even vendor. Try and look for the descriptions : / 

Thanks Jack and TYJY for that info.  I'm going to order it soon.  I'll probably skip the cleaner and just get the fabric and aerospace protectants since my boat is new. 

Back