4 Rod Holder Mounting Help

kanda4

Reaction score
My new boat came with the 4 rod pole holder thrown under one of the seats still wrapped in plastic. It came with 4 screws and no instructions on how and where to mount it. Does anyone else have one of these and could you let me know where you mounted it? Don't want to go through all of the trouble of taking it back to my dealer. Neither one of us checked it off when signing off on the boat. Shame on me for not catching it.

I ordered one with my boat but there was no room to mount it on our model. Dealer bought it back. I wish it would have worked out though. Post some pics when you get it installed

It's probably like this.

http://tacomarine.com/item--Deluxe-Pontoon-Boat-Tackle-Rack--P03-070+Series.html

Depending on your toon model, you need to find a space (probably behind captains chair). You have to drill two holes through top rail and install bolt/nuts.

Bottom probably has three screws, that go into deck. Make sure you have the top, lined up with bottom, or poles will be at an angle. Also, make sure the rods will clear the bimini (closed position)

They probably won't clear when its in open position.

With a GCW, you might mount it to the outside on the port side aft deck. That's where I would mount it if it were mine, BUT, that person will be looking at the rods when lounging.

I have a rod holder like the one in the link on the port side gate rail. That works fine as we don't use the gate - it was also the only real option. No problem with using the top with rods installed.

My dealer mounted mine inside the rail, flush with the top. Looks great. In my gallery you can see it in the picture "small trout".

The ones on my bennington are built in to the live well, but the same thing on my nitro I installed with velcro I just have a hard time drilling into the fiberglass.

The ones on my bennington are built in to the live well, but the same thing on my nitro I installed with velcro I just have a hard time drilling into the fiberglass.
I screwed mine into the rail but velcro is a great idea - wish I would have thought of it to try first.

it seems like every time I install rod holders a month later I wish they were an 1" or 2" different. becuse they hit the trolling motor or block a seat from flipping up. ya know and the velcro has never come loose

I like the velcro idea as opposed to the drilling holes option. First year, first boat - can't see myself putting holes in her yet! Thanks for the good tip.

I use Velcro on the boat for all sorts of stuff. Not the kind you peel and stick, but the stuff that comes in a long roll. I think a roll 10 feet long and one inch wide cost $4-5. Most pieces I use are about a foot long. I use it to strap ropes to the rails, keep tow ropes neatly wrapped, fishing pole, throwable, skier flag, holding a garbage bag to the rail, boat hook, etc. Probably the most useful boat accessory I have. If you wrap a little bit of electrical tape to each end, it makes it easier to unstrap quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought beautiful rod holders that mount on rails without screwing into rails. now the boat just came and the furniture is so close to the rails I don't think these rod holders can be installed. anyone have this type of rod holder and how did you solve the problem

Back