425 Yamaha

There is a local dealer down here that has one on a Q. They have a video on their instagram acct. Seagate marine sales in Stuart FL.

Heck no!

I'm going to make the assumption that the maximum rated horsepower on that boat is 425 so it should be designed to handle it. So, if price is no problem, why not? That said, price was a concern of mine and I'm happy with the performance of my 250 pushing around a 25' G. It'll hit 40 but rarely will I ever go that fast due to comfort considerations but plenty of folks on this forum feel differently.

My thoughts on the larger HP Motor’s is not so much WOT speed, but more about the cruising speed...

Our boat can hit in the low 50’s, but what I love is that sweet spot for cruising right between 30-35...

I’m a big fan of being able to cover distance when I want and need too...

Wow Instigator. That‘s going to be a heck of a boat. Looking forward to pictures and hearing about how much fun you have on it.

Yes, congrats! We are in the south Cape and have an R25 with the 300 Yami. We mainly cruise less than 30, but it is good to know that when we need to move quickly out of the way of a 5 outboard 450s, we can.

That 425 weighs anywhere from 950 to almost 1000 lbs. It'll be interesting to see how it performs loaded up with people, gear and fuel. You still out there Instigator?!?

Back