52" Ski Pylon

Kells

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just looked at the removable ski pylon, and I purchased the 52" but it seems shorter than that so I measured it installed...  Does this only extend 32" above the deck of the boat?  Just want to make sure...

Thank you.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting update:

The full pylon when removed from the boat measures nearly 60"...  Not sure where the 52" measurement comes from, and my sales guy said all their 52" pylon options on the other benningtons are measuring at 32" above the deck also.  

So what is the 52" measurement?  :blink:

I can explain it; the pylon is a little under 60", actually it is 58".  Subtract from that the 32" that sticks above the deck equals 26" then multiply that by 2 and you have 52"

Good one

I calculated it the same way Link did, but that just seemed too logical...  Any other ideas?

Doesn't make any sense to me at all. Well, Link's explanation does, but I am at a loss. I'm sure mine sticks up higher than that.

Bennington's online builder shows the same stock photo for the 42" and 52" pylon so that was not helpful either... 

I'm sure mine sticks up higher than that.

Really Derrick :eek:

Will check delivery tomorrow and let you know I also ordered the 52

Can anyone else with the 52" removable pylon confirm this 100%?
I can probably check mine tomorrow. It's out on the lift but pouring down rain, again(!!!)

Whatever you don't ask for a print. Apparently it will void your warranty... (Just a little humor from when I was asking about the Dia.)

Checked mine out today. About 32" above deck and rest below.

Its funny, cause I got the biggest one avialable (52") and it still hits the top of my 150 merc Pro XS every once and a while when I am towing tubes etc.  Got a few scuffs in my cowling that I am not real fond of   :wacko:   :wacko:   :wacko:   :wacko:   :wacko:   :wacko:

More predominetly when at low speeds (as in getting passengers ready to go and at the end of the towing session coming back to the sand bar)

Perhaps from the waterline?

Back