6 channel amp.

JIm_Andrea

Reaction score
Is a 6 channel amp the best way to get more power to the stock speakers? I may upgrade speakers at some point but for now I know the head unit doesn't even come close to the RMS output that the speakers can handle. I figured I would boost the power to those and add a sub before changing out the speakers.  

Which head unit do you have?  Be careful switching head units if you have the marine remotes in your boat, the remotes only work with certain marine units.  Not sure if you have this or not.

I just had a Bazooka BTA10250D (Combined Sub/Amp) ($300) installed in my boat with all the stock speakers and head unit.  What a difference that makes!  My wife and the installer said it sounds like a completely different set up all together.  (I am on a job so have not heard it).  Wetsounds makes a combined Sub/Amp also, that is supposedly really good, for about $550.

Those are a couple of inexpensive options that will get your boat rocking. 

To answer your question, just because you have 6 speakers does not mean you need a 6 channel amp, I don't think.  Those look quite expensive.

Ive been looking at the bazooka tube and Wet Sounds subs.  My buddy has the Bazooka in his benny with stock speakers.  He sounds good.  He doesn't have it adjusted right and the sub overpowers the speakers.  He does not have an amp on his speakers either just the head unit. I don't have the remotes yet, I do plan on installing them over the winter. 

Ive been looking at the bazooka tube and Wet Sounds subs.  My buddy has the Bazooka in his benny with stock speakers.  He sounds good.  He doesn't have it adjusted right and the sub overpowers the speakers.  He does not have an amp on his speakers either just the head unit. I don't have the remotes yet, I do plan on installing them over the winter. 
Cool.  Just make sure you keep in mind if you want to change your head unit do it now before you get your remotes.  Not all remotes are interchangeable, also I think only the marine units have the remotes.  That wet sounds combined Amp/Sub is supposed to be really good.

https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/HT_AS-10.html

Thanks for the link.  Yeah I would only use a Marine type stereo. 

Back