A friend is looking at a 2014 24 SCEX I-O

MrG

Reaction score
He came to me asking if this boat was a good deal or not. Not having a clue what this year and model sells for I was wondering what he should offer this is a NOS boat zero hrs

From the Add

Equipped with the Mercruier 5.0L MAG MPI 260hp V8 and a Mercruiser Bravo 3 Dual Prop outdrive. Dual bikinis. In floor storage. V/M tandem axle trailer with brakes. Asking

What year is it?!?

Like to see a pic of the dual "Bikinis"! Ha!

I'm sorry just saw the title.......

Last edited by a moderator:
NADA Boats says anywhere from $56150 to $64206 plus add about 2-$3000 for a trailer........

Well don't google "2014 24 SCEX I-O" :huh:  Wow.

Is there anyway they can get the original MSRP for it? If the dealer is trying to move it, the first thing they'll tell you is "what a great deal it is because you're saving X amount of dollars from buying new!" well once we have that number,  we all can get a decent idea on a fair price.

It a starting point for discussions. MSRP is x, I'll give you y.

I don't think I have heard of a "SCEX"

but 60K seems like a lot of jack for any Benny that starts with a S, especially a non-current.

I agree, sounds like a lot for an "S".

Just to be Accurate it's 56+ tax. It's a S model with the 5.0

V8 I/O dual Biminis and center toon storage. It looks pretty loaded but I agree seem kinda high for a S and then when you take into that it's a year old. That's why I wanted to bounce it off you guys.

What do you think is a good deal

Is it a scwx3? I just did a 2016 w/ blackout and a few options and MSRP was $92,500 without a trailer.

Friggen S haters! You can option an S just as nice as the other lines. And they are faster!
Not hating at all, an "S" is a great boat!

But the list is long of why the "S" is cheaper than the "G" which is cheaper than the "R" which is cheaper than the "Q"

Less costly, to me cheaper denotes poor quality.

I don't believe that Cheaper denotes poor quality, the S series is a well made craft.  With that thought then the R is poor quality as well because it is cheaper than the Q.  There is a line up to meet different needs. 

For me, a slow cruiser, I do enjoy the more luxurious seats and that one was one of the things that swayed me to the R series.  Many of those that post on here are all about speed, the S is definitely the fastest in the Bennington lineup. 

There are also price differences in the line up so that a Bennington is available to all budgets. 

The bottom line we are all in the bennington family so although I am not as fast as Lakeliving's 200 Yamaha boat some consider me to better looking than Andy and I am all right with that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my S. It's a nice boat, goes fast and is perfect for my family. If I didn't live on the water with high property taxes I'd have a loaded Q. Priorities I guess. And the only difference to me is the 24" vs 16" cross member spacing, aside from that it is all the same materials shaped in a little different style.My neighbors G is so packed up front the bench seat could only fit a todler. I can lay all the way out on mine (6'5") 

So is that a good deal on that boat your buddy is looking at? If he loves it then yes. He is the one who has to feel comfortable with the price. Either way that is a lot of boat regardless of what the letter is starts with.

Why is the S the fastest in the line up. Are they lighter because they are less outfitted? Thinner gauge aluminum tubes?

The smaller and thinner seats and the smaller drivers seat and helm looks Not as comfortable as the Q and R series

Why is the S the fastest in the line up. Are they lighter because they are less outfitted? Thinner gauge aluminum tubes?

The smaller and thinner seats and the smaller drivers seat and helm looks Not as comfortable as the Q and R series
Yup, and they are pull start so that saves weight too...

Back