Adding a second "house" battery...

WaveRunner

Reaction score
Hey, all.

I'm going to add a second battery, and the Blue Sea m-ACR or the Add-A-Battery kit are at the top of the consideration list right now.  I have a 2015 Yamaha F115 that charges at 30-35 amps, so I'm figuring the 65A Blue Sea setup would be sufficient.  

With the current setup on the 22SSLX, I have a heavy-guage pair of cables at both the positive and negative terminals of the battery that I'm assuming are the engine leads, and then I have a pair of smaller-guage leads connected to both terminals that again, I'm assuming go to the circuit box/accessories terminal.  These are the only connections to the battery.  

If my assumptions are correct, then the newly added "house battery" would be connected to the smaller-guage positive cable while I'd leave the heavier guage positive cable on the existing starter battery, and wire the rest in accordance with Blue Sea's instructions.  Looks like I'd need to add a negative bus bar and ground everything to the engine.  Does this sound correct?

I will, of course, call Blue Sea for more information...I just wanted to hear how you guys did it and your thoughts on the subject.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Back