Additional Cover

Bald_Eagle

Reaction score
Just took ownership of a 2020 Bennington 22ssrx. We love the boat but are looking for helpful ideas. The original mooring cover only covers the top half of the sides and when the boat sits on our lift the morning sun is pretty brutal on the port side of the boat. We are afraid that over time it will fade the lower half of the burgundy color panel. We have thought about purchasing a 4 x 20 tarp and add snaps to the original cover then use bunny cords to secure it to our lift & cleats on the dock. We really do not want to purchase a 2nd cover to go over everything and spend the time needed to remove and reinstall each weekend we take the boat out.
Any other thoughts?

I have the same boat congrats...we had our last tune in the water for 20 years, no noticeable fading..303 protectant has a sunscreen in it, and worked well for us....mines black, not even remotely concerned...pbakk has some good ideas too....good lucj

Thank you both for the quick responses. I was hoping Bennington thought ahead about panel fading and only covering half the sides and front with their mooring cover. Our slip and lift is in a marina on Dale Hollow Lake and really didn’t want to invest in improving their slip. I will try the 303 protectant and keep a close eye on the panels over the summer.
Thanks again

Welcome to the forum Bald Eagle. You can also have your existing cover altered by a local canvas shop. He can add fabric either by sewing it or by adding snaps and bring your cover down as far as you want. Plus your burgundy panel won't fade if you wax it religiously!!!

For others that have had their boat a while and are concerned about paint fading, next time you put a new registration sticker on your boat, peel all the old ones off and see if you can see any paint fading. The first sticker was probably put on within a few weeks of the boat being built. The paint under it should be mint.

Then don't worry about it.

Back